Indiana MSU pre-game talk

Drroogh

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's an interesting article, and, well, kinda sounds like some recent IU teams....

I would really, really prefer that MSU had beaten UM prior to our going there, Izzo will have that team locked in, focused, and probably pissed off. I think it could get ugly. However, do very much like the defensive focus, and approach to taking care of the ball our guys have shown over the past 3. So maybe our guys make it a game by aggressive D. 

Obviously not expecting a win, as probably no one who is sane is, I do think we have a chance. I think we will need to hit a bunch of 3's(something we haven't done yet, but I think are capable of) and limit the TO's. Again, not expecting a W... But I'm certainly more hopeful then 2 weeks ago.

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I would really, really prefer that MSU had beaten UM prior to our going there, Izzo will have that team locked in, focused, and probably pissed off.

Actually, I would have thought Izzo would have had them locked for Rutgers after the OSU debacle. They really have had three bad games in a row, maybe now their confidence is shaky. If we can come out with the same defensive effort as last night who knows what will happen?

52 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Actually, I would have thought Izzo would have had them locked for Rutgers after the OSU debacle. They really have had three bad games in a row, maybe now their confidence is shaky. If we can come out with the same defensive effort as last night who knows what will happen?

Here's to hoping! True that MSU has not been playing well -- I have a hard time thinking that will continue, but hey, I'll take it if it happens

MSU on the road will be a much stiffer contest for our vastly improved defense than NW.  MSU is more athletic and just a better offense.  We will have to be near perfect in all phases of the game just to have a chance to win.  Their defense is equally good.

1 hour ago, HoosierKix said:

I'm worried about rebounding and just the post in general without Davis because MSU has some serious height

Very true .  We're not such a good defensive rebounding team while MSU is an elite offensive rebounding team just as Duke was. 

I'm more worried about their talent than their height. Jackson is 6'11' but is their 3rd leading rebounder after Ward (6'8") and Bridges (6'7"). Shilling is 6'9". They have a lot of 6'7' - 6'9" guys that will make it tough to go with a 3 guard lineup. Generally, we might be giving up an inch or 2 to their guys with the exception of Jackson.  I think defense, execution and avoiding foul trouble will be they keys for IU 

On 1/15/2018 at 1:40 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes that's an interesting article, and, well, kinda sounds like some recent IU teams....

I would really, really prefer that MSU had beaten UM prior to our going there, Izzo will have that team locked in, focused, and probably pissed off. I think it could get ugly. However, do very much like the defensive focus, and approach to taking care of the ball our guys have shown over the past 3. So maybe our guys make it a game by aggressive D. 

I thought they would have been ready to destroy someone after the O$U blow out, but it took OT to beat Rutger at home.

I just hope they don't get it figured out until after Friday... 

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ i asked Tonya Harding to go take out some knee caps

So, that's why a masked man with the same build as Jeff Gillooly took a golf club to my leg.  I knew you didn't like me, but sheesh!  Good to know.  I can share this info with the police. 

Anyway, it's a good thing he shanked it.  Just a bruise.  

You may need a good attorney.  Do you know one?  :coffee:

Staying out of foul trouble is the biggest factor. I feel like Michigan St is that team that we all know is really good but their confidence is shaken. Hopefully we aren't on the receiving end of the inevitable wake up call. This might be a game where I watch it on the treadmill. Could go ugly. 

Archived