IU'S Injuries

Anyone concerned the season starts in 12 days and the secret scrimmage with Cinncy was canceled because we didnt have enough healthy bodies to play? Why is it every year we have a bunch of kids hurt? Is it the strength staff? Going to hard in practice?

Edited by Indykev

• Indykev changed the title to IU'S Health
  • Indykev changed the title to IU'S Injuries
1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Anyone concerned the season starts in 12 days and the secret scrimmage with Cinncy was canceled because we didnt have enough healthy bodies to play? Why is it every year we have a bunch of kids hurt? Is it the strength staff? Going to hard in practice?

Not sure it’s all injuries so to speak, I think their might have been some quarantined players as well at that time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

No. 

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

I don’t know enough about S and C to take an opinion and I don’t know how many guys with kinesiology, exercise science, or sports medicine advanced degrees we have on this board.  We will know as the season progresses how well conditioned we are and how Coach Woodson feels after the year.  He’s been around a ton of people and his Rolodex for S and C guys is no doubt massive.  Let’s see where we are after the season.  If Coach Woodson isn’t happy, we will know then.  In the meantime, the jury is out.  There’s enough racket to study the situation carefully. 

• Like 1

You know basketball season is near now that injuries and whether or not Clif Marshall should be the SC coach is being brought up weekly! In all seriousness, I’m not concerned. At least not yet. No reason for guys to risk anything worsening before the season starts. If the injuries are legit and this continues long into the season then we should he concerned. But for now, I’m not worried about the staff being cautious on players’ health.

• Like 1

Certainly preseason injury news doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings, and I'm a bit concerned too. But at the same time, I feel fortunate none of our guys suffered serious injuries. I see once every week or so so-and-so sustained a season ending injury during scrimmage. I'm sure the coaching staff wants players to go hard in practices to maximize learnings, but also they're closely watching players' overall health and conditioning level. I like to trust our coaching staff; I think we got a really good team of coaches.   

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Hard to say much without knowing the seriousness or nature of any injuries.   :(

And the hint from our insider that guys may have been quarantined.  

I mean, do we want a public injury report or do we hold the cards to the vest?  I think we are seeing Coach's strategy already.  Not a peep unless someone heard it from a friend who heard from a friend that one of the players is in a boot.  And i like that.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

And the hint from our insider that guys may have been quarantined.  

I mean, do we want a public injury report or do we hold the cards to the vest?  I think we are seeing Coach's strategy already.  Not a peep unless someone heard it from a friend who heard from a friend that one of the players is in a boot.  And i like that.  

I have no information, other than what I read here, but this is the only thing that makes any sense. Even if half of our team had broken legs, why not let the other half and a bunch of walkons play? The only thing that makes any sense is that we didn't want to risk exposing the other team.

I still think the injury issues in all sports are at a all time high.  I still think athletes trained to much and to long and their bodies don't have time to recover.  They need more rest in the off season and that really is not happening.  Just look at a basketball player where starting at an early age they play and train all summer and travel all over the country playing AAU.

Edited by IU Scott

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I still think the injury issues in all sports are at a all time high.  I still think athletes trained to much and to long and their bodies don't have time to recover.  They need more test in the off season and that really is not happening.  Just look at a basketball player where starting at an early age they play and train all summer and travel all over the country playing AAU.

What kind of test?😁

Here’s my two cents! All of these injuries have happened in years past! There are no new injuries! The difference is kids are taught hey this is your chance to go pro! so let’s sit  out until you feel 100%. Coaches are worried about the school are them being sued so let’s go slow!

I don’t want to hurt anyone but toughen up sometimes. Not everything needs to be a month of rest an recap! Sometime tape it up and work it out! 

• Like 2