Maryland game thread

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I am starting to get worried about our hire of Warren. Wasn't a big fan to begin with, and today has been really, really bad with all the talent we have on defense.

He's going to be fine....the volume of talent he'll bring in will cover the mistakes today. We just don't have the depth. Warren is the least of my worries so far.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

If you miss, it's 35-26 and you still have to score twice. If you kick an extra point, it's 35-27 and you can tie after the next touchdown. 

You have to get 2 at some point. A lot better to try it early so you know what you're up against. Then if you miss it, you can change your game plan to know you need 2 more scores. If you wait, it's all or nothing.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

All of you should absolutely be ripping Warren apart after this game. 

Anyone thinking this loss is on Sheridan and not Warren/Allen doesn’t know football. McCulley needs the defense to step up. He’s a true freshman with limited first team snaps. Warren has All Americans on his roster. Sherdian is working with a MAC level OLine, receivers who run lazy routes and don’t get open and a QB who’s being thrown to the wolves

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Anyone thinking this loss is on Sheridan and not Warren/Allen doesn’t know football. McCulley needs the defense to step up. He’s a true freshman with limited first team snaps. Warren has All Americans on his roster. Sherdian is working with a MAC level OLine, receivers who run lazy routes and don’t get open and a QB who’s being thrown to the wolves

Lots of good stuff here. 

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

You have to get 2 at some point. A lot better to try it early so you know what you're up against. Then if you miss it, you can change your game plan to know you need 2 more scores. If you wait, it's all or nothing.

Happened in NFL a few weeks ago and everyone was flipping out. The numbers say it's the right move there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's going to be fine....the volume of talent he'll bring in will cover the mistakes today. We just don't have the depth. Warren is the least of my worries so far.

I'm not saying I'm really down on him and think he'll be terrible, but it's just something I'm concerned about. His track record was pretty spotty before here, and Maryland hasn't scored more than 17 in B1G play this year. We're also going to lose a ton from our defense after this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Guess I'm just not a fan of leaving points on the field, which this team does a lot (even though it didn't in this case).