Super Secret Scrimmage

30 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Lets hope we dont see many 8-23 and only 11 free throw nights in the B10.

Would you be happy with 9/23 which is 39 percent which would have led the big ten.  It is funny I saw some complain about the 3 point shooting in a scrimmage game. The difference is one more made in the game to be considered good shooting.

• Like 2

I found this bit of scrimmage info on another IU message board.....

Per a rick bozich tweet on Btownbanners:

My secret source says Indiana beat Belmont in secret scrimmage at KFC Yum! Center in Louisville today. IU’s magic number was 11. Hoosiers won by 11. Made 11 of 11 free throws and played 11 guys. IU 8 for 23 from distance and out-rebounded Belmont by 8.
Sounds encouraging.
As previously mentioned, Belmont is no push-over and I don't want to de-value the scrimmage but its all the other stuff they do that can make for a valuable practice session. Hopefully IU performed well in those controlled situations.

Belmont is indeed no push over. That said we would have a huge athleticism advantage over them. Would expect a monster game from Trayce. A team that really moves the ball well, lot of player movement, usually a good shooting team. I'd be interested in how many forced turnovers and what Belmont shot from 3. Hard to tell what to make....we blew out Loyola last year and we didn't even sniff the tournament so I'll keep reserved on what this means.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Would you be happy with 9/23 which is 39 percent which would have led the big ten.  It is funny I saw some complain about the 3 point shooting in a scrimmage game. The difference is one more made in the game to be considered good shooting.

my point was more about the 23 3's to 11 free throws. I have visions of Bracey Wright.

Edited by Indykev

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Fife is awesome.  I think he will be well suited to be the next coach as the program is finally on proper footing. 

He is a coach's son, and has been around Knight and Izzo.  He is loyal to Woodson.  His personality is great for a coach.  He is very thoughtful about his craft.  

In the interview, I really liked what he said about rebounding (how we shouldn't get outrebounded and that he got that from Izzo).  He pointed out free throw shooting is vital because the games are tight.  

Overall, I think Fife compares very favorably to guys like Jon Scheyer or Hubert Davis who are taking over high profile programs.  He is going to be well set up here, and we can even benefit from his exposure to Izzo.

Agree 100%.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Fife is awesome.  I think he will be well suited to be the next coach as the program is finally on proper footing. 

He is a coach's son, and has been around Knight and Izzo.  He is loyal to Woodson.  His personality is great for a coach.  He is very thoughtful about his craft.  

In the interview, I really liked what he said about rebounding (how we shouldn't get outrebounded and that he got that from Izzo).  He pointed out free throw shooting is vital because the games are tight.  

Overall, I think Fife compares very favorably to guys like Jon Scheyer or Hubert Davis who are taking over high profile programs.  He is going to be well set up here, and we can even benefit from his exposure to Izzo.

Can’t imagine learning from two more impressive college coaches….now getting some things from a pro coach….has to soak up something from all that. In the end though sure there are X’s and O’s But imo it’s just about as important relating to the Jimmy and Joes. All sorts of systems can win…there isn’t just one way….but in the end you have to make connections and get talent and get those kids to buy in.

• Like 4