The Dawning of A New Era for IU Basketball...Eastern Michigan Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

16 minutes ago, rico said:

I am hearing that Farrakan kid is pretty good.  However the projections I have seen have EMich finishing towards the bottom of the MAC.

From the article you linked...

"He was 13-of-19 for 27 points, with seven rebounds and six assists" 😮

1-4 from 3 though...and I doubt any of the Oakland guards are as good defensively as Rob Phinisee...

• Like 1

Thank you @IUFLAfor starting this. A pre game thread makes this feel even more real. I can’t wait to see this team. I’ll have to watch on DVR later that evening. That always drives me nuts to have to do that, but especially for the first game of the first season with a new coach.  I’m helping coach my son’s team and we have a game. Hopefully I see two wins that night. 

• Like 3

I cannot wait for the game - I feel like this was simultaneously the most interesting offseason and the LONGEST in my memory. I feel like I have been waiting for the start of the Woodson era for 10+ years! I cannot believe 

I am also ready for the (inevitable) post game overreactions: 

• If we win by more than 25: We are unstoppable, #6 here we come, let's build a statue for Coach Woodson
  • If we win by less 15: What is wrong with the team, we need better players, (insert name of a player with 2+ turnovers) should transfer
  • If we lose: The apocalypse is here, fire Woodson, kick all players off the team

I think if we win in the 15 - 25 range, maybe we will not overreact... maybe :)!

Here's to winning the first one by 35+. Let's build that statue!

I do believe that Woodson will bring us #6 before he is done... and #7. (I got into the Kool-Aid last night...) 

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I cannot wait for the game - I feel like this was simultaneously the most interesting offseason and the LONGEST in my memory. I feel like I have been waiting for the start of the Woodson era for 10+ years! I cannot believe 

I am also ready for the (inevitable) post game overreactions: 

• If we win by more than 25: We are unstoppable, #6 here we come, let's build a statue for Coach Woodson
  • If we win by less 15: What is wrong with the team, we need better players, (insert name of a player with 2+ turnovers) should transfer
  • If we lose: The apocalypse is here, fire Woodson, kick all players off the team

I think if we win in the 15 - 25 range, maybe we will not overreact... maybe :)!

Here's to winning the first one by 35+. Let's build that statue!

I do believe that Woodson will bring us #6 before he is done... and #7. (I got into the Kool-Aid last night...) 

It's a difficult one to gauge...Eastern Michigan has a couple of players who can play, and they have some size...and Stan Heath can coach a little...

Can't wait...

• Like 1