The Dawning of A New Era for IU Basketball...Eastern Michigan Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

On 11/2/2021 at 5:52 PM, rico said:

I am hearing that Farrakan kid is pretty good.  However the projections I have seen have EMich finishing towards the bottom of the MAC.

I’m thinking he might be at least half decent competition for our point guards. Out of high school he had offers from Florida, Seton Hall, St John’s, 5 different Big Ten teams, Wake etc but for some reason went to ECU (his ratings dropped and I’m guessing some schools lost interest, but just a guess).
He didn’t play more than 7 minutes in ECU’s last 4 games so he entered the portal and transferred to EMU. Hoping to see X and Rob really lock him down. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I’m thinking he might be at least half decent competition for our point guards. Out of high school he had offers from Florida, Seton Hall, St John’s, 5 different Big Ten teams, Wake etc but for some reason went to ECU (his ratings dropped and I’m guessing some schools lost interest, but just a guess).
He didn’t play more than 7 minutes in ECU’s last 4 games so he entered the portal and transferred to EMU. Hoping to see X and Rob really lock him down. 

I think it's important to note that there is a new coach this year for EMU. Completely different style of play. The Farrakan kid was down in the rotation last year, but starts this year. I watched most of their exhibition game against Oakland, and the kid is quick and unafraid. Got 27 points, most on his own. But he is a little selfish. Doesn't pass the ball that often once he gets it in the flow of the offense.

Kind of reminds me of the Coverdale situation. Knight had him way down in the rotation, but Davis had him starting. Turned out to be a pretty good player.

12 hours ago, IU878176 said:

He started out as a 5* in the early rankings for his class because he was more physically mature than many (I don't know if he just matured early or is a bit older). Then he started to drop as the rest of his class caught up to him physically. He ended up a 3* ranked around 300. I'm pretty sure a bunch of the better offers were pulled.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

He started out as a 5* in the early rankings for his class because he was more physically mature than many (I don't know if he just matured early or is a bit older). Then he started to drop as the rest of his class caught up to him physically. He ended up a 3* ranked around 300. I'm pretty sure a bunch of the better offers were pulled.

Pulling out early is important if you're not sure you want a commitment.  :coffee:

• Haha 5

Sooo I’m a bit torn on this one. My DIL and soon to provide us with the grandson that will carry on the family name is not just an alumnus of EMU, but has been honored for her accomplishments as a star Volleyball player at EMU!

Sorry girl, I love you but I’ve got to go with IU! 
Go Hoosiers!

• Like 6

I was just teaching this morning over in SPEA, and I decided to drive by Assembly Hall on the way into school. This was around 11:30 AM, and to my amazement, they already had the exits blocked off by police, and attendants in place. I know the game is early, but a bit surprised.

Reminded me of the Geico commercial, where the guy is teaching the adults not to end up like their Dad, and they go to a ball game. When they get out of the van, the first thing all of them start talking about is parking. Parking is where the money is. I am easily entertained, but it gave me a laugh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Sooo I’m a bit torn on this one. My DIL and soon to provide us with the grandson that will carry on the family name is not just an alumnus of EMU, but has been honored for her accomplishments as a star Volleyball player at EMU!

Sorry girl, I love you but I’ve got to go with IU! 
Go Hoosiers!

How about we compromise....we let them stay in the game the first half....then we blow the doors off them the second??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iuprof said:

I was just teaching this morning over in SPEA, and I decided to drive by Assembly Hall on the way into school. This was around 11:30 AM, and to my amazement, they already had the exits blocked off by police, and attendants in place. I know the game is early, but a bit surprised.

Reminded me of the Geico commercial, where the guy is teaching the adults not to end up like their Dad, and they go to a ball game. When they get out of the van, the first thing all of them start talking about is parking. Parking is where the money is. I am easily entertained, but it gave me a laugh!

Those are great commercials!

Let the whining in West Lafayette begin!  

I guess those dummies don't realize the BTN doesn't care about "the higher rated team" but moreso about the audience draw...

For the record a perfect night would be IU winning by 25+, and both the Whinin' Illini and Purdon't stinking it up and losing to Jackson St and Bellarmine respectively...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1