Big 10 Finish Predictions

IUFLA

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would think that would be impossible. Has to be a fan of team or teams who have never won at the highest level and understand what traditions/excellence is like....even in the past. He's got a Cleveland vibe. 

I'd say Brewers or Rangers...at least the Tribe had 1948...

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, Seeking6 said:

You've lost me....again. Where is my pot shot at someone's mental health? You seem to have a very weird way of reading/comprehension, etc... and somehow twisting posts into a pretzel. Wish you good luck. 

Not sure what else to take from "Jereme Richmond vibe"? Apologies if I overstepped but that's the only thing that came to mind. Yes early commits are more rare these days but if a top in state kid wants on board you take him.

I'll be out for Thanksgiving, hope you and all here have a nice holiday.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, IUFLA said:

Yes he does...

He just made a comment in another thread dissing Miller Kopp...But I guarantee if Goode or Hutcherson ever have anywhere near the year Kopp had as a sophomore at Northwestern, they'd be the greatest thing since Lou Henson's hairpiece...

Goode is probably a good comparison, I think he'll be a nice role player during his career but will be surprised if he's a starter. And that's all I was saying about Kopp.

13 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Goode is probably a good comparison, I think he'll be a nice role player during his career but will be surprised if he's a starter. And that's all I was saying about Kopp.

In the last 3 years, Miller Kopp has started all 59 games he's played in...

So what was you point again?

On 11/3/2021 at 9:16 AM, IUFLA said:

No...I think they underestimate the loss of Ayo, and overestimate how good Curbelo will be...

The kid needs to develop an outside shot...and he can turn it over a lot...

Cockburn will get his, but unless the Illini prove early that Williams is as good an outside shooter as he was last year with a higher volume of shots, and someone else beside Trent Frazier steps up to 35%+, he'll be double and triple teamed pretty much every time he touches it...

This is aging well so far.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BruceDouglas said:

Is it? Maybe wait until Illinois has all of its players available and healthy. It's a long season.

Injuries are a part of the season. We have two players out too currently. Almost choked that game away last night though. Glad you didn’t crap the bed like you guys did in the Big East Challenge.

7 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

That was at Northwestern? I would assume you had higher standards....

I believe an Illini fan saying anything about "higher standards" is one of the funnier things I've read in my 25+ years on the internet...

Oh, and Miller Kopp has started every game for IU this year as well...

Edited by IUFLA

On 11/22/2021 at 11:14 AM, BruceDouglas said:

That was your original post...and here was my reply...

On 11/22/2021 at 11:28 AM, IUFLA said:

In the last 3 years, Miller Kopp has started all 59 games he's played in...

So what was you point again?

Who has the reading problem here?

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That was your original post...and here was my reply...

Who has the reading problem here?

You do.

I'll try again though it's probably pointless.

Yes. Kopp started at Northwestern. Because they are a lower level B1G program.

So my original comment that I was surprised he's starting at IU is because IU is not a lower level B1G program (this is where the "higher standards" comes into play that you decided was somehow something else....because I'm an Illini?).

I don't know enough about IU's other guys, maybe they just don't have anyone better right now.

32 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Injuries are a part of the season. We have two players out too currently. Almost choked that game away last night though. Glad you didn’t crap the bed like you guys did in the Big East Challenge.

You have 2 guys out? Man, that's rough.

Illinois has had 10 different players start. I think they've been missing at least 2 starters in just about every game so far.

Yes, injuries and illnesses are part of the season but it's pretty unprecedented to have this much happen to start a season.

Just suggesting to wait and see for a while.

35 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

You do.

I'll try again though it's probably pointless.

Yes. Kopp started at Northwestern. Because they are a lower level B1G program.

So my original comment that I was surprised he's starting at IU is because IU is not a lower level B1G program (this is where the "higher standards" comes into play that you decided was somehow something else....because I'm an Illini?).

I don't know enough about IU's other guys, maybe they just don't have anyone better right now.

Again, here's the statement you made in another thread disparaging Miller Kopp's abilities...

On 11/19/2021 at 9:57 AM, BruceDouglas said:

Watched quite a bit of the St John's game and though IU looked pretty solid. Certainly much more watchable and entertaining than the "offense" that was used by your previous coach. Surprised Kopp started the game, he always seemed like a decent player that was just a little overmatched in the Big Ten. Maybe Geronimo should be in there?

Overmatched in the Big 10? Really? The guy averaged 14ppg in conference play as a sophomore...You do realize you can be a good player on a bad team, don't you? I'm not sure why you're surprised...Maybe because you have no idea what you're talking about? I think Coach Woodson would get a chuckle out of your "surprise" and the fact that someone like you would second guess him...

On 11/22/2021 at 11:14 AM, BruceDouglas said:

So you double down on the idiotic comment comparing a guy who has played 3 years of college basketball and started almost every game he's played in to a kid who hadn't yet played even 3 college games and people are supposed to take you seriously?

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Guys, debate with passion without calling folks idiotic or accusing them of being literately challenged.   👍

For clarification, I didn't call him "idiotic." I said his comment was "idiotic."

That said, I understand why the mods tolerate his presence here, and that's ok...I don't make the rules...

But I do understand why he is here...To implicitly denigrate IU and our players while trying to justify why he believes the Whinin' Illini are on the the same level as a basketball program that IU is...They're not...Not today, not tomorrow...Not by any stretch of any imagination beyond the delusionary Illinois fans...Believe me, I've dealt with plenty of them...

Look, I'm not trying to be difficult here, but if his act has worn thin on me...He took umbrage to the fact that I said the Illini were "overrated." Too bad...they are...So is Michigan and I said so before the season started...If he's looking for an All Illini Rainbow site, they're out there...

On 11/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, IUFLA said:

Again, here's the statement you made in another thread disparaging Miller Kopp's abilities...

Overmatched in the Big 10? Really? The guy averaged 14ppg in conference play as a sophomore...You do realize you can be a good player on a bad team, don't you? I'm not sure why you're surprised...Maybe because you have no idea what you're talking about? I think Coach Woodson would get a chuckle out of your "surprise" and the fact that someone like you would second guess him...

So you double down on the idiotic comment comparing a guy who has played 3 years of college basketball and started almost every game he's played in to a kid who hadn't yet played even 3 college games and people are supposed to take you seriously?

Oh, "disparaging"? So sensitive! 

He did have a nice soph season and then regressed pretty badly as a junior. He's pretty limited athletically so has a tough time on defense. But as he showed last night he can shoot the ball so is a nice guy to have against that Cuse zone.

And you were the one who introduced the Goode comparison, not me. So maybe you shouldn't take yourself seriously? :)

I mean, it's not an absurd comparison, they're similar sized and have somewhat comparable skill sets. For sure Goode is just getting started so we don't really know much but it's not like we're comparing him with an All Big Ten level guy ...

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's an invalid comparison and that was my point...Goode hasn't played in but 5, count them 5, college games, and you're saying it's a valid comparison between Goode and Miller Kopp...

Not sure why you're all worked up or think it's "invalid"? I can agree it's early and still TBD but again these are 2 guys of similar size, skill sets and nearly identical HS rankings that are both in the Big Ten.

And my "comparison" was about their career trajectories so there are a bunch of other variables in play that make any kind of evaluation difficult at best. I made no claim that they were equal players right now.