Big 10 Finish Predictions

IUFLA

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Not sure why you're all worked up or think it's "invalid"? I can agree it's early and still TBD but again these are 2 guys of similar size, skill sets and nearly identical HS rankings that are both in the Big Ten.

And my "comparison" was about their career trajectories so there are a bunch of other variables in play that make any kind of evaluation difficult at best. I made no claim that they were equal players right now.

I really shouldn't be surprised by this I guess...I had an Illini fan tell me Dee Brown was as good as Isiah Thomas...Had another that tried to say Marcus Liberty was as good as Calbert Cheaney...

Your argument is invalid...You cannot compare games of an established college player against a kid fresh out of high school and expect a serious discussion...You can project Goode all you want, and it doesn't change that fact...

As I said, you only came into this thread because, in your mind, I had somehow short changed the Mighty Illini by picking them 7th...I thought they were overrated from the start, and I've seen nothing to change that opinion...they're certainly no where near the number 11 ranking CBS had them at pre-season...You got doubly "worked up: when, after the Illini had stumbled, @GaloisGroupe had the nerve to say the projection had aged well...

I hate to break this to you, but I'm not going to validate Illinois, or by association, you, by singing their praises...That's what little brothers want...a pat on the head...Just as I don't feel the need to go to an Illinois forum and wave the 5 banners in their faces...

I really think what you're doing is pathetic and sad...

Edited by IUFLA

21 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I really shouldn't be surprised by this I guess...I had an Illini fan tell me Dee Brown was as good as Isiah Thomas...Had another that tried to say Marcus Liberty was as good as Calbert Cheaney...

Your argument is invalid...You cannot compare games of an established college player against a kid fresh out of high school and expect a serious discussion...You can project Goode all you want, and it doesn't change that fact...

As I said, you only came into this thread because, in your mind, I had somehow short changed the Mighty Illini by picking them 7th...I thought they were overrated from the start, and I've seen nothing to change that opinion...they're certainly no where near the number 11 ranking CBS had them at pre-season...You got doubly "worked up: when, after the Illini had stumbled, @GaloisGroupe had the nerve to say the projection had aged well...

I hate to break this to you, but I'm not going to validate Illinois, or by association, you, by singing their praises...That's what little brothers want...a pat on the head...Just as I don't feel the need to go to an Illinois forum and wave the 5 banners in their faces...

I really think what you're doing is pathetic and sad...

I give up, you win. Just not worth the effort since you apparently are incapable of following a discussion beyond a single post or grasping a point with any amount of nuance.

Will check back in when the Illini and Hoosiers play. You'll be pleased to realize that's a really long time from now, about 2 months! Conference scheduling with 14 teams has been a little strange.