Michigan Pre Game Thread

jojo123

Not the way we wanted things to go for sure....but my interest is all on Donaven. He's our guy for the next 2 seasons minimally. Every snap he takes the rest of the year and we can hit the ground running in 22. Valuable learning time coming and I'm all for it.

We can address line and OC on December 1st but for the time being the program is still in building mode and there are bumps. Last year we were ahead of schedule. This year a step back....but still in climbing mode. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Not the way we wanted things to go for sure....but my interest is all on Donaven. He's our guy for the next 2 seasons minimally. Every snap he takes the rest of the year and we can hit the ground running in 22. Valuable learning time coming and I'm all for it.

We can address line and OC on December 1st but for the time being the program is still in building mode and there are bumps. Last year we were ahead of schedule. This year a step back....but still in climbing mode. 

Even the best stocks don't go up every day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Would like to believe that the program is still climbing, but it’s hard to see this season. IU really had a special situation with DeBoer and Wommack and I fear that the compound effect of losing them really set the program back. Next year will likely be make or break

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Would like to believe that the program is still climbing, but it’s hard to see this season. IU really had a special situation with DeBoer and Wommack and I fear that the compound effect of losing them really set the program back. Next year will likely be make or break

Good programs lose coordinators often. We have to get used to that....and hopefully we poach a good one just like others did to us.

Honestly though. Just off the top of my head I doubt we've ever had a 4 year class give us this many wins or conference wins since maybe a run with Mallory back in late 80's. These kids leaving the program this year deserve our thanks for raising the expectations. 

Make or break?? 10-11 bowl games over the last 50 years. No fan gets to use the term make or break for 1 year. Just my two cents of course. 

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Completely agree. I think losing both Matthews and Ellis really hurt because they’re the 2 best playmakers in space. Without both of them I don’t know who else really has that ability. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Make or break?? 10-11 bowl games over the last 50 years. No fan gets to use the term make or break for 1 year. Just my two cents of course. 

But that’s just it. It isn’t one year. It’s the history of the program and the inability to maintain success. If they go 4-8 next year all of the momentum that Allen was building will be gone. The fan base has been teased too many times over the years. Recruiting will suffer, etc

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

But that’s just it. It isn’t one year. It’s the history of the program and the inability to maintain success. If they go 4-8 next year all of the momentum that Allen was building will be gone. The fan base has been teased too many times over the years. Recruiting will suffer, etc

If we go 4-8 next year I think we still have the most wins for a 4 year class ever...with exception of late 80's Mallory years. No momentum is gone unless a dozen or so recruits decommit.