Michigan Pre Game Thread

jojo123

It is unbelievable to me after watching IU get better every year for the last five years under Tom Allen. That we can be this bad this year. Please don’t say it’s our injuries! We came out bad right out of the gate! So who did we lose that was holding this team up! 
Can this really be fixed! I thought the program was being fixed! Obviously we will need to pickup offensive lineman in Transfer Portal, but can we pickup good OL? 
We will need to get a big time offensive coordinator to help bring in the talent we need! Can we really do that! 

4 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

It is unbelievable to me after watching IU get better every year for the last five years under Tom Allen. That we can be this bad this year. Please don’t say it’s our injuries! We came out bad right out of the gate! So who did we lose that was holding this team up! 
Can this really be fixed! I thought the program was being fixed! Obviously we will need to pickup offensive lineman in Transfer Portal, but can we pickup good OL? 
We will need to get a big time offensive coordinator to help bring in the talent we need! Can we really do that! 

Sometimes teams just have a frustrating year. Look at Michigan and Penn St last year, both were top 25 teams and had a miserable season. To answer your question "Can this really be fixed?", I think it can. You've already stated the need for better offensive lineman. That would be a good start. I think this can be turned around, and we could be back bowling next year. One of our biggest problems, in my opinion, have been turnovers/takeaways. Our offense turned the ball over at an extraordinary rate to begin the year and our defense has not forced enough takeaways. Maybe you could attribute not getting more takeaways to losing our best safety to the NFL? I think if we fix the turnover margin we can have a positive season next year, and while it doesn't seem like it now.... I do believe there is enough talent there to win at least 6 games next year. If we only win 2-3 games next year then go ahead and sound the alarm. Also, just because I am optimistic about next year does not mean that I support bringing back the same assistant coaches next year.

3 hours ago, DireBump said:

Sometimes teams just have a frustrating year. Look at Michigan and Penn St last year, both were top 25 teams and had a miserable season. To answer your question "Can this really be fixed?", I think it can. You've already stated the need for better offensive lineman. That would be a good start. I think this can be turned around, and we could be back bowling next year. One of our biggest problems, in my opinion, have been turnovers/takeaways. Our offense turned the ball over at an extraordinary rate to begin the year and our defense has not forced enough takeaways. Maybe you could attribute not getting more takeaways to losing our best safety to the NFL? I think if we fix the turnover margin we can have a positive season next year, and while it doesn't seem like it now.... I do believe there is enough talent there to win at least 6 games next year. If we only win 2-3 games next year then go ahead and sound the alarm. Also, just because I am optimistic about next year does not mean that I support bringing back the same assistant coaches next year.

Thanks for being optimistic. I normally am ,but having a tough time with this team. Coach Allen will have his hands full this off-season. OC and a OL coach immediately. I mean at the news conference after the Purdue game. Announce we will looking for new coaches! 
Then hit the portals hard for linemen!