Hoosier Fan Fest

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Largely agree. I don’t love everything they do, but for the most part I think there really good. The podcast is a great listen. 

To me, they're like the IU version of Bill Simmons before he blew up and he was known as the "Boston Sports Guy". 

A lot of people hated him because he wasn't a reporter, he was a fan that turned his fandom into a career, but there was a jealous "why not me" kind of attitude towards him. 

Very similar from some IU fans toward the Hysterics IMO. 

Couldn’t agree with this more. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Largely agree. I don’t love everything they do, but for the most part I think there really good. The podcast is a great listen. 

To me, they're like the IU version of Bill Simmons before he blew up and he was known as the "Boston Sports Guy". 

A lot of people hated him because he wasn't a reporter, he was a fan that turned his fandom into a career, but there was a jealous "why not me" kind of attitude towards him. 

Very similar from some IU fans toward the Hysterics IMO. 

I don't know a whole lot about these guys, but do they really have the level of success that people could be jealous of? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

IMO a lot of the hate the Hoosier Hysterics guys get from people is largely based in jealousy. 

I completely I agree! I personally like those two a lot and the Hoosier Collective they started is very smart! They’re not keeping any of the money, all those donations go to the players. Not mention Pankowski started Carpool Karaoke and is definitely not hurting in the wealth department. He’s doing this for the players to give our program an advantage.. I don’t see any one else complaining about them doing anything to help our program. 

Edited by Jackson Kellogs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

IMO a lot of the hate the Hoosier Hysterics guys get from people is largely based in jealousy. 

Without any doubt.  They are some of the few who have evidence and proof to connections to the program and fanbase.  All someone has to do is listen to the Fife, Hunter, etc. Interviews.  

What is more interesting to me is that other platforms who pickup any IU sports news story has not pushed this event, when its for the kids.  Those other platforms have no problem posting everything else.  I get that peegs.com is behind this; however, this is a big event to the basketball programs, and those other platforms make a profit from the IU brand and the names of the players without ever having to give them a dime.

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Yeah but they made it happen. It’s not like they were just handed access to the program. They clearly worked to get to this point. 

Completely agree. My call (the sarcasm isn’t always obvious on here) to haters is to just do better. If they’re so awful it has to be easy, right?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Completely agree. My call (the sarcasm isn’t always obvious on here) to haters is to just do better. If they’re so awful it has to be easy, right?

Well it was there interview with Jeremy Fears that upset me.  Fears had been on campus a lot and posted a lot of IU stuff. Since that interview everything went quit and I doubt we get him now 

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well it was there interview with Jeremy Fears that upset me.  Fears had been on campus a lot and posted a lot of IU stuff. Since that interview everything went quit and I doubt we get him now 

It is ridiculous to think that a school would lose a recruit because a couple fans/media (whatever you want to call them) asked an awkward question in an impromptu interview on their cell phone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

I don't know a whole lot about these guys, but do they really have the level of success that people could be jealous of? 

I mean, they built a podcast that secured A-list IU basketball guests, then parlayed that into a partnership with Peegs, and have now parlayed that into a formal relationship with the team, the program and Mark Cuban. All of that also produced an event that was able to deliver Bob Knight into Assembly Hall again. 

• Like 6