Is it time for CTA to make changes on the Strength/conditioning staff

IU247

Moving this to its own thread: 

The amount of injuries this team has every damn game has been absurd and , makes me wonder if we need to fire the strength/training staff.  I mean I’m not sure what our coach can do at this point. it’s not like we are Alabama yet where we have an endless supply of 5 star players to waiting to play on the bench,  I mean out top 2 QB's have are injured, which caused him to play Our Red Shirt QB who shouldn't even be playing this year.. .

I mean how many players have gotten injured so far this season and are out long term. Like 12? Seems like every game we have 4 players that get injured.  and I don't know how you can expect a third string/ Red shirt QB to put up amazing numbers when our offensive line is not only injured, but our Playmakers are as well...

Edited by IU247

2 minutes ago, IU247 said:

The amount of injuries this team has every damn game has been absurd and , makes me wonder if we need to fire the strength/training staff.  I mean I’m not sure what our coach can do at this point. it’s not like we are Alabama yet where we have an endless supply of 5 star players to waiting to play on the bench,  I mean out top 2 QB's have are injured, which caused him to play Our Red Shirt QB who shouldn't even be playing this year.. .

I mean how many players have gotten injured so far this season and are out long term. Like 12? Seems like every game we have 4 players that get injured.  and I don't know how you can expect a third string/ Red shirt QB to put up amazing numbers when our offensive line is not only injured, but our Playmakers are as well...

If you are seeing a lot of muscle injuries or things associated with working out then I would be with you.  Penix hurt his shoulder and Tuttle his foot so how is that the fault of the strength coach. I have always said that today's athletes work out to much and should b allowed to rest their bodies in the off season. This is in any sport and level because injuries are a lot worse now than in the past.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If you are seeing a lot of muscle injuries or things associated with working out then I would be with you.  Penix hurt his shoulder and Tuttle his foot so how is that the fault of the strength coach. I have always said that today's athletes work out to much and should b allowed to rest their bodies in the off season. This is in any sport and level because injuries are a lot worse now than in the past.

Work out too much? What? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IU247 said:

Was listening to a guy on Dan Patrick earlier this week. Asked about league wide injuries,etc....and he basically just said guys are bigger, stronger, faster across all levels of play. 

Usually I don't like to make things this simple but maybe in this case it's truly occam's razor.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I thought the football team had literal NFL former s&c coaches on it???

They have the best in the buisness, by many experts opinions.  Injuries happened with the staff that is now at Alabama.  People have to blame someone right?  IU does not have depth, that is where the problem is.  Our highly rated classes still are in development and some are leaving because they need to wait.  

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 4