Can't leave a "Like" or navigate with page #'s

DWB

Not sure how to fix this. Can't leave a Like or navigate between page numbers for any thread.

I've cleared my cache, disabled all the browser extensions, and still no joy. Don't have this problem on BTB site, so I think it's got something to do with HSN server.

Can somebody reset my account or something similar?

Thanx!

I tried Firefox and get the same results:

• I can login (sometimes not on the 1st try)
  • I can navigate to the topic OK
  • If I select the last page from the topic listing page, it takes me right there. 
  • But if I select a page before the last in the thread, I cannot navigate to the last page. (happens on both browsers Chrome & Firefox)
    • I can scroll to the bottom and select "go to topic listing" and that works, but not the indv pages.
  • I cannot leave a like, or laugh or anything.
  • I've shut off all of my browser extensions (like ad blocker, etc) but it has no effect

Hope that helps narrow it down a little.

Thanx for the effort!

Dennis (DWB)

Edited by DWB

hey DWB - I used my super duper administrative powers to impersonate you and wasn't able to replicate the problem, which means this is likely something with your particular computer.  

The support ticket from the software provider mentioned, similar to Zline, about Javascript. Here are a few steps to ensure Javascript (which is actually distinct from Java!) is enabled: https://support.asinzen.com/article/205-how-do-i-know-if-i-have-a-javascript-blocking-extension-turned-on

Sorry guys, but Firefox doesn't work on the site either now. I thought it was a browser issue,, but it's starting to look like a website issue from my side of the desk.

Would appreciate if you could have your IT service guy look into it again.

• Login works fine
  • Selecting topic works fine
  • Selecting a page # from the topic list will work
  • But selecting a page within any individual thread will not work (foward or back)
  • Quoting a poster within a thread works (surprise to me)
  • Cannot leave a like to any thread or poster.

Howdy partner - feel free to PM me and we can trade phone numbers if you like to speed this up.  

This still seems most likely a setting within your own computer.  We like to do the tech support out in the open like this so other members can chime in - but nobody else is seeing the same problem, unfortunately, and I'm not able to replicate it when I log in to your account.  

Can you try accessing with a different device?  That would be a helpful troubleshooting step.  

17 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Could the "theme" be the issue?

Haven't changed the theme on either browser. "Stock" as they come.

I thought it might be one or more of the browser extensions, like ad blocker, etc. But I turned them all off, restarted the browser and still have the problem.

Not a tech guy, but somewhat knowledgeable about some tech stuff. I don't understand why I can pick a page number off the topic listing for an individual thread, but yet when I get into the thread I cannot navigate between pages. When I click a different page number for the thread, I see the navigation confirmation at the bottom of my screeen that it's trying to go there, but nothing happens.  Weird.

16 hours ago, DWB said:

Haven't changed the theme on either browser. "Stock" as they come.

I thought it might be one or more of the browser extensions, like ad blocker, etc. But I turned them all off, restarted the browser and still have the problem.

Not a tech guy, but somewhat knowledgeable about some tech stuff. I don't understand why I can pick a page number off the topic listing for an individual thread, but yet when I get into the thread I cannot navigate between pages. When I click a different page number for the thread, I see the navigation confirmation at the bottom of my screeen that it's trying to go there, but nothing happens.  Weird.

Checking another device would be a very helpful troubleshooting step - that would really help us narrow down.  A lot of the stuff you're describing sound like javascript problems.

• Like 1