Eastern Michigan @ IU Game thread

Reacher

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Wildly hot take 20 minutes into the season with not enough evidence to support:

Not sure I understand Galloway getting the minutes that he has. Just don’t really get what he offers that others don’t, and his capabilities seem limited(no outside shot, can often play out of control).

Would have had more Bates over Galloway 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think he's the type of player that knows his time will come. Doesn't want or need to force on opening night. Woodson said it's his job to get Kopp in the right spots....and that will be something fun to watch over the season.

I think he could be one of those Hornsby type of guys. Hits the shot, makes free throws, extra pass when needed....but he'll go 6-9 from 3 every 7th game just to remind folks he can shoot. 

I’ll take a Kyle Hornsby type on this team for sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The D is much improved. 4-15 from 3 but only 1 bad shot that I can remember, just didnt fall. Loose will the ball at times...see XJ. Over all a good half. Feels like we should be up 30.

We should be. That drought we had after the 12 run should’ve never happened. We need to keep scoring and not let those runs

6 minutes ago, madmax said:

Wildly hot take 20 minutes into the season with not enough evidence to support:

Not sure I understand Galloway getting the minutes that he has. Just don’t really get what he offers that others don’t, and his capabilities seem limited(no outside shot, can often play out of control).

We're much better offensively in half court with Galloway on the court.  He knows what to do with and without the ball.

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

One thing I like is that substitutions seemed to have meaning.  Make a couple of dumb plays, you come out.  Play well, you stay in.  

Will be fun to watch over coming months but this team is deeeeeep. Not elite deep but deep where we literally have 9-10 guys who are fighting for minutes. If you see the court this year you've earned it. 

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I thought Rob played better than XJ who was loose with ball. Just my opinion. Abs I have watched 4 years of the exact same starters from the start and half without ever an adjustment. I could be bitter about that

What if RP thrives in the role he's in now? We've waited for 3 years for him to consistently contribute any way possible, right? 

I guess I don't see what you gain, necessarily. 

Edited by btownqb