Eastern Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

18 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

CMW will need to adjust the rotation and shorten it up until he can trust some of these guys. There really was no need to jack up threes all night. Work thru TJD, attack the paint, get to the line, force EM to adjust. They really played into their hands in the second half and one guy for EM got red hot. 

Spot on! 

• Like 1

Just now, Indykev said:

Say good bye to Lander if he isnt going to play. Cant see the kid wasting 2 years sitting. JMO.

The thing is, I'm not sure he could transfer to a comparable program and have a different result.  He would need to downgrade the status of the program to get meaningful PT.  

• Like 2

I was hoping we'd see Lander in the second half if we kept the lead around 20. Obviously we couldn't do that. I'm also kind of bummed that Lander can't get on the court unless we're up 20+ against a MAC team. I said this in the game thread, but it seems like he would have been better off playing his senior year of high school ball. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I agree. We won’t be seeing Lander. He will be in the portal this year. 

I agree on this.  I'm not sure he fits what CMW sees as his vision for IU.  And we need players who are not only quick, but strong and confident, quality shooters...lots of them.  Right now, we don't have those kind of players.  

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I agree on this.  I'm not sure he fits what CMW sees as his vision for IU.  And we need players who are not only quick, but strong and confident, quality shooters...lots of them.  Right now, we don't have those kind of players.  

Well how are we supposed to know if he’s not that guy when he didn’t even get a chance to play. I watched him the entire warm up and he was hitting everything from 3. Looked very very ready to play! 

• Like 1

After a rough start, Xavier got better. I don't think he fouled Farrakhan at the end. 

I was really hoping to see Rob and Race get a few more 3s to fall. They need that confidence.

TJD looked better than last year. I liked how he let the game come to him. He still missed a couple point blank ones. 

I was hoping to see more from Geronimo than his couple dunks. 

I thought we didn't play very smart - especially in the second half. Rob and Xavier need to recognize mismatches and who has the hot hand. Too often we let up last year and / or played down to the competition. Woody needs to get these guys focused for the whole game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Obviously a lot to work on. Hope people can now realize why this isn't a Big Ten title contender. I think we can be an NCAA tournament team, but it's going to take time for this program to heal after Archie Miller spent 4 years strangling it. 

Eh, we have a totally different, rebuilt team this year. We still can’t shoot. CAM’s fault? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Eh, we have a totally different, rebuilt team this year. We still can’t shoot. CAM’s fault? 

Early signs aren’t promising… but I don’t think it’s fair to say we “still can’t shoot”. Give it 5 or 10 games and we’re still this bad? Sure. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Say good bye to Lander if he isnt going to play. Cant see the kid wasting 2 years sitting. JMO.

Does Purdue FW have an open scholly? If the kid can play he’ll earn his time. If not, oh well. Sometimes 5-Star recruits bust. I’ll be rooting for him but also not losing any sleep if he wants to leave to find playing time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

Fell in love with the three pointers and didn't attack the lane. Defense dropped off the table second half with a big lead. Didn't see a lot of leadership on the floor tonight. Game one is done and they got the W. Lets see if they can clean it up in game two.

And it’s weird to fall in love with something you’re 16% successful at 🤷🏼‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Well how are we supposed to know if he’s not that guy when he didn’t even get a chance to play. I watched him the entire warm up and he was hitting everything from 3. Looked very very ready to play! 

If he deserves time I hope he gets it but so far Archie didn’t think he should get much time and now Woody barely played him in two Bahamas games and not at all tonight. Maybe there is a reason for that. Athletically he seems to have “something” so he might be able to turn it around but he needs to show it in practice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Going back to even high school and aau he dominated by being quicker and more athletic than almost everyone he played …he jumps very well for his size too but his jump shot has always been a concern to me , not his accuracy but his shot process.  When open he hardly has any space between his feet and the floor and it’s not a ton different off the dribble.  I just don’t think he can get it off against college defenders unless he’s wide open and I don’t think he proved himself when he had those last year I have to assume it’s still that way in practice or Woodson would have squeezed him in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1