Who was IUs MVP in the Eastern Michigan game? Mi

Reacher

5 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Race Thompson. I thought he played extremely well. Did work on both ends of the floor.

Agree, the wheels came off when Race went out with four fouls. But X made the biggest winning play. We didn’t have anyone last year who would have had the Onions (shoutout to Bill Raftery) to attack coast to coast down two. 

Thompson led in +/- with a +18 followed by Kopp at 9 and Xavier ay 7. TJD was at 0. Geronimo a -9. No doubt Race was a factor while in the game.

I agree with TJD as the MVP though when you look at the entire game. He was the only IU player to shoot better than 50%.

Edited by Reacher

53 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Trayce 21 

Race 5 

Rebounds 

Trayce 14 

Race 10 

Blocks 

Trayce 3 

Race 2 

You guys need to quit taking this kid and his production for granted...

As bad as the past few years plus this 1 game have been, they'd have been so much worse without TJD. They'd probably have been last place in the B1G bad and a loss in this game.

• Like 3

I’d say Trayce without him we lose that game. It needs to be noted though that the Chemistry of the team change when Race wasn’t in the game with 4 fouls! 
Race has to start making threes or stop shooting them he can attack the goal an shoot midrange shots. The team needs to hit free throws. Shooting 60/50% won’t get it done. Will lose games down the stretch if we can’t make free throws. 

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I don't think that is going to be Woodson's reaction at all..  passing wide open shots, is probably getting you on the bench

When you're not a good shooter, it'll get you a spot on the bench.

Maybe he just had a bad night? But if he keeps missing wide open shots, that green light will go away.

11 minutes ago, ephul said:

When you're not a good shooter, it'll get you a spot on the bench.

Maybe he just had a bad night? But if he keeps missing wide open shots, that green light will go away.

Correct.  I dont mind Race giving the first one a try.  I can even live with the second one.  But, he has to realize going in, and the coaches have to know, he isn't, nor will he ever be, Steph Curry out there. You cant try a 3rd or a 4th in a game that is starting to slip way. Accept it wasn't your night from the arc and try something else.  Try again next game if the situation presents itself.  But dont add to the other team's momentum.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Correct.  I dont mind Race giving the first one a try.  I can even live with the second one.  But, he has to realize going in, and the coaches have to know, he isn't, nor will he ever be, Steph Curry out there. You cant try a 3rd or a 4th in a game that is starting to slip way. Accept it wasn't your night from the arc and try something else.  Try again next game if the situation presents itself.  But dont add to the other team's momentum.

I completely understand what you guys are saying. I also think some will get frustrated with Woodson,  because I think he's going to give guys a longer leash.  Hes been preaching the 3 ball and confidence since day one.. he's gonna let them shoot it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I completely understand what you guys are saying. I also think some will get frustrated with Woodson,  because I think he's going to give guys a longer leash.  Hes been preaching the 3 ball and confidence since day one.. he's gonna let them shoot it

Last night should be a wake-up call of sorts.  He needs to redefine what's acceptable.  Time and place except for a few guys.

Nothing wrong with Race giving it a shot with 16 minutes left in the first half against a team like EMU.  But, if your not having success, a guy like Race cant be chucking one up with 3 minutes left in a tight game.  We have an all-american player inside as an alternate option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Last night should be a wake-up call of sorts.  He needs to redefine what's acceptable.  Time and place except for a few guys.

Nothing wrong with Race giving it a shot with 16 minutes left in the first half against a team like EMU.  But, if your not having success, a guy like Race cant be chucking one up with 3 minutes left in a tight game.  We have an all-american player inside as an alternate option.

Screenshot_20211110-155200_Chrome.jpg