'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Some hideous 3 point shooting going on nation-wide so far as his season.  Begs the question.  Is the line too deep?  Or, are too many guys that cant shoot it, shooting it?

I think the last move they did with the 3 point line was too far.  The shorter shot clock forces less offense and more quick shots and offenses being built around the 3 point shot all around.

I would love to see a 1 minute shot clock for the whole game except for the last 2 minutes of each half where it is reduced to 25 seconds to ensure you don't get teams just running out clock like the old days.  Or something like this to allow for more offensive sets but not allowing a game to be run out by running around and play keep away until the clock runs out for 3 minutes.  

But what do i know.

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I think the last move they did with the 3 point line was too far.  The shorter shot clock forces less offense and more quick shots and offenses being built around the 3 point shot all around.

I would love to see a 1 minute shot clock for the whole game except for the last 2 minutes of each half where it is reduced to 25 seconds to ensure you don't get teams just running out clock like the old days.  Or something like this to allow for more offensive sets but not allowing a game to be run out by running around and play keep away until the clock runs out for 3 minutes.  

But what do i know.

I thought the shot clock at 45 seconds was the perfect time.  It still allowed you to run an offense but eliminated teams holding the ball as well.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That's quite the beatdown.  

Evansville has struggled for several years.  Makes me wonder if they can survive when USI moves up to D1.  Local talent would likely see USI as the better opportunity.  

I would think USI would really have to update their campus and facilities to be successful at the D1 level.  I took my son down their for a visit a few years Ago.  It was a nice little campus but the dorms was not very good.  Also wasn't much other living areas around the campus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

That's quite the beatdown.  

Evansville has struggled for several years.  Makes me wonder if they can survive when USI moves up to D1.  Local talent would likely see USI as the better opportunity.  

The MVC should keep Evansville the "better" destination I would think.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I would think USI would really have to update their campus and facilities to be successful at the D1 level.  I took my son down their for a visit a few years Ago.  It was a nice little campus but the dorms was not very good.  Also wasn't much other living areas around the campus.

USI has done just that. Beautiful new facility...

Screaming Eagles Arena - University of Southern Indiana Athletics (gousieagles.com)

• Like 1