'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

36 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Purdue or Nova who you got?  Seems like an interesting matchup.

Wouldn't be surprised if Purdue won today but in the NCAA tournament I'd take Nova. Nova's guards are generally NBA talent and I think the guards will be Purdue's weakness. They're good enough to win the Big 10 but I'm not sure they have the talent/athleticism to win it all.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Purdue won today but in the NCAA tournament I'd take Nova. Nova's guards are generally NBA talent and I think the guards will be Purdue's weakness. They're good enough to win the Big 10 but I'm not sure they have the talent/athleticism to win it all.

I compare this team to the 2018 team with Carsen. We have that NBA guard in Ivey but also have a much better overall roster. 

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I compare this team to the 2018 team with Carsen. We have that NBA guard in Ivey but also have a much better overall roster. 

I'm just not sure one NBA guard is enough. Sasha can shoot but it seems to me that Hunter and Thompson aren't quite there.  To me it would be asking a lot to put together 6 wins at tourney time with those guys. Not impossible though. 

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm just not sure one NBA guard is enough. Sasha can shoot but it seems to me that Hunter and Thompson aren't quite there.  To me it would be asking a lot to put together 6 wins at tourney time with those guys. Not impossible though. 

Thompson has been a great shooter for us. Doesn’t do much else honestly other than shoot. Hunter has been off for a year-plus now. 

20 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agree to disagree. Has a lot of things you can’t teach. Well on his way to being a lottery pick. 

Hey, I'm just going by a comparable prospect...Romeo Langford...Ivey might be a lottery pick (Romeo was) but Romeo spent his time in the G league (his college 3 point % was about the same as Ivey's) and now is shooting over 40% from 3 and getting decent minutes for the Celtics...