'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Looked in on a Big 5 matchup at the Palestra between Villanova and LaSalle just to see how Clifton Moore was doing... Villanova is killing them, up 30...Clifton doesn't have a real good feel for the game... scoreless with 14 minutes to go...

Edited by IUFLA

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Looked in on a Big 5 matchup at the Palestra between Villanova and LaSalle just to see how Clifton Moore was doing... Villanova is killing them, up 30...Clifton doesn't have a real good feel for the game... scoreless with 14 minutes to go...

Does he look better than Durr?

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I expected Duke to be 1 but didn’t expect them to get 51 votes to only 9 for Purdue. Yeesh. 

There was one guy who put Gonzaga at 2/Purdue 3 and he’s based in Bloomington haha. 

Too bad Purdue can’t play Duke in the challenge.  Gonzaga is still statistically #1 according to a few metrics even with the Duke loss.

Edited by southsidehoosier
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No doubt. Whoever decided on the challenge opponents messed up. Duke/Purdue would’ve been a great game. 

This isn’t a slam, but Purdue just doesn’t move the needle. I know OSU is a football school, but it still has much bigger name recognition. A lot of people don’t even know where Purdue is. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This isn’t a slam, but Purdue just doesn’t move the needle. I know OSU is a football school, but it still has much bigger name recognition. A lot of people don’t even know where Purdue is. 

Agree to disagree re moving the needle. I don’t think that’s true. 

That last sentence always makes me laugh. Don’t think it’s even remotely accurate and I always get a kick out of it. Your average person might not know (which is common for schools that aren’t named after the state) but sports fans I’m guessing the majority know where Purdue is. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agree to disagree re moving the needle. I don’t think that’s true. 

That last sentence always makes me laugh. Don’t think it’s even remotely accurate and I always get a kick out of it. Your average person might not know (which is common for schools that aren’t named after the state) but sports fans I’m guessing the majority know where Purdue is. 

I agree that Purdue doesn't move the needle nationally and that is why you don't see Purdue getting the marquee matchup.  Even when IU is not supposed to be good they still sy the top teams lime Duke and UNC.