'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

22 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Steals  are a worthless stat in general 

Ivey goes for pick 6 steak all the time which is great when he gets it but leaves the defense exposed when he doesn’t 

That's the issue, we are talking about different things. You're talking about jumping passing lanes. I am talking about deflections, which does not require jumping passing lanes.

FYI steals are not a worthless stat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

That's the issue, we are talking about different things. You're talking about jumping passing lanes. I am talking about deflections, which does not require jumping passing lanes.

FYI steals are not a worthless stat.

Deflections show active hands and awareness 

28 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Deflections show active hands and awareness 

I am very confused.

I am arguing that deflections are a good defensive indicator, and though it may not lead to steals all the time, they do have other positive effects.

you then replied to me stating that steals are a worthless stat.

i said no.

then you say this....

did i miss something? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I am very confused.

I am arguing that deflections are a good defensive indicator, and though it may not lead to steals all the time, they do have other positive effects.

i said no.

then you say this....

did i miss something? 

I think the other guy values deflections more than steals as a stat, but maybe I'm wrong too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I am very confused.

i said no.

then you say this....

did i miss something? 

Deflections are always great 

steals & steaks can be misleading 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, IUJoe said:

Some coaches, including Tom Crean, look at defensive plays other than actual deflections of the basketball and chart them as deflections.

Correct. Each coach can have their own definition. Crean counts a taken charge, for example. Pitino doesn’t, but he does count picking up a loose ball. 

My lord is Bill Walton off his rocker. How the F anyone can listen to him. I still remember when he went on his 18 minute rant about a fricken band during our game last year. But my gosh is he such a windbag. He doesn’t even pay attention to the game and just says a bunch of random ass stuff. I’d rather pick fly shit out of pepper while wearing boxing gloves than listen to him. Couldn’t last 5 minutes of the usc Stanford game. End rant…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

My lord is Bill Walton off his rocker. How the F anyone can listen to him. I still remember when he went on his 18 minute rant about a fricken band during our game last year. But my gosh is he such a windbag. He doesn’t even pay attention to the game and just says a bunch of random ass stuff. I’d rather pick fly shit out of pepper while wearing boxing gloves than listen to him. Couldn’t last 5 minutes of the usc Stanford game. End rant…

image.jpeg.6712bb493dac55d489d96a8027aea94b.jpeg

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

The only reason I knew who Bruce Hornsby is, is because my dad used to say “ Kyle Hornsby and the Range” when he would hit a three lol

Dude... Bruce back in the late 80's, while I was in College, softly played in the dorm room, lights dimmed was an automatic Triple! Shag carpet 3' up the walls, white fishnet, black light bulbs, florescent body paint...... I should stop right about here. Oh the memories.    

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I was super confused.  

1. no one in the stands

2. USC is ranked number 5?

3.  Game must have tipped at 5 pm eastern on a Tuesday.  

4.  Then I heard his voice.