'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Brooks with a totally forgettable game.  

Never want to give a kid more grief but I sure would like to see that hack Brian Snow do a follow up piece on why IU fans were the problem in him choosing UK. 

Can't even imagine the I told you so conversations that take place in certain homes where Dad wanted one and Mom the other. Wish him well overseas. 

• Like 5

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Never want to give a kid more grief but I sure would like to see that hack Brian Snow do a follow up piece on why IU fans were the problem in him choosing UK. 

Can't even imagine the I told you so conversations that take place in certain homes where Dad wanted one and Mom the other. Wish him well overseas. 

I rather have Race playing the 4 than Brooks

• Like 5

Yes, I watched most of the uk at auburn game. Another loss to a ranked team for cal. 1 and 3 this season so far. A few observations....

In this one uk looked soft. Every time you turned around a uk player was on the ground acting like he was shot. Maybe that's the whole SEC (Soft Eastern Conference).

Glad the K Brooks Jr experiment played out in Lexington. Trainwreck.

Has any coach lost more games while having more talent than cal? I can't imagine.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Cal does well with NBA ready talent.

He is not good at developing players and helping them improve year to year.

Brooks would probably end up being a much better player somewhere else.

I don't believe he would improve.  He's just not very talented.  He's another product of AAU hype.  JMHO

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

And I’m saying that doesn’t make sense. If the talent level is so much different, why does the SEC have a projected 6 (barely) teams in the tournament and the Big10 7? 

I will say the BIG has better team basketball the SEC has better overall athletes.  Many more 1 and dones in SEC. Watching Aiburn, Bama and LSU this year make me wonder who on our team is athletic enough to play on these teams. The BIG is by far the better conference better team basketball but I agree with Scott on the athletes in the SEC

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will say the BIG has better team basketball the SEC has better overall athletes.  Many more 1 and dones in SEC. Watching Aiburn, Bama and LSU this year make me wonder who on our team is athletic enough to play on these teams. The BIG is by far the better conference better team basketball but I agree with Scott on the athletes in the SEC

I was thinking if Purdue ran into Auburn in the tournament.  Purdue has some size inside, but PU doesn't have the length and athletic ability on the wing or the backcourt to compete

• Like 2