'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 minute ago, rico said:

He would leave because it is Louisville.  Basketball wise, the school is similar to IU tradition wise.

I see Pearl as a helluva coach.  One that wants to win and also show everyone else he knows how to do it.  

He will win any where he goes for sure. The question is will the wins stick and 8 believe he has enough fall guys to stay safe

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

He would leave because it is Louisville.  Basketball wise, the school is similar to IU tradition wise.

I see Pearl as a helluva coach.  One that wants to win and also show everyone else he knows how to do it.  

UL maybe....not Maryland though....and even that would be a long shot....I mean there is a lot of competition in state now but imagine being second fiddle in Kentucky. It would be like being asked to coach at Purdue lol.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

UL maybe....not Maryland though....and even that would be a long shot....I mean there is a lot of competition in state now but imagine being second fiddle in Kentucky. It would be like being asked to coach at Purdue lol.

I would venture to say that Pearl would be interested in any "blue-blood" schools.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Living close to, and working in, Louisville, I actually want them to be good.  Not because I like them, because I dont.  But when they are better than UK, those are fun times in this area.  Nothing gets a UK fan's drawers in a wad more than UL being better than them.

Like around here for the last 6 years lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Remember when Franklin & Newman were 4 year starters and TJD was one & done 

what has changed for TJD?  Might as well stay and get your degree

TJD biggest problem is his outside shot. The one i am curious about is what has happened to Newman, he looks like he doesn't even belong on a division one team anymore.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

TJD biggest problem is his outside shot. The one i am curious about is what has happened to Newman, he looks like he doesn't even belong on a division one team anymore.

He is lost

he isn’t explosive enough to go around defenders without a long pump fake which everyone knows is coming 

not a good ball handler or passer 

he needs to play like Morton or Galloway….D up…move the ball..shoot when wide open.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

He is lost

he isn’t explosive enough to go around defenders without a long pump fake which everyone knows is coming 

not a good ball handler or passer 

he needs to play like Morton or Galloway….D up…move the ball..shoot when wide open.  

I expected him to show more then he has. He still has time to turn it around.

5 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

I expected him to show more then he has. He still has time to turn it around.

I hope so…seems like a great kid 

Top 100 recruit? 
redshirts 

father died 

covid season 

Ivey explodes so he loses starting spot when Sasha comes back from Covid 

like KL he seems to buy in and support his teammates from the bench 

hopefully they both realize getting a degree and bring a part of The Family are important 

The Lexington Herald-Leader on Coach Mack:

The hire looked smart. In nine seasons, Mack had gone 215-97 at his alma mater. His Musketeers had made eight NCAA Tournaments, including four Sweet 16 berths and a 2017 Elite Eight appearance. His wife, Christi, is from Louisville, where she played basketball at Holy Cross High School before starring at Dayton. It was a chance for Mack to coach in the ACC. It hasn’t worked out, however. Not to this point, anyway. The Cards were 20-14 and a first-round NCAA Tournament knockout Mack’s first season. They were 24-7 overall and 15-5 in the ACC his second, the year COVID-19 canceled the NCAA Tournament. And it has been all downhill from there. Louisville’s 13 wins in 2020-21 were overshadowed by the seven losses. The Cards were crushed by 37 at Wisconsin (85-48), by 45 at North Carolina (99-54), by 14 in the ACC Tournament against Duke (70-56). Chronic COVID-19 pauses offered legitimate excuses, at least before bad became embarrassing.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/john-clay/article257696118.html

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Looks like our wish list, except for Kenny Payne and Will Wade 

One of these threads I mentioned in either earlier today or yesterday. Bruce Pearl and Louisville would just be awesome and bad and awesome and bad for so many.....let's make it happen Ville!

• Like 1