'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ill be scolded for this but it will take about 30 more years of people retiring from this world to the next before Assembly Hall is allowed to be demolished.  

According to this article, it was in process, but Fred Glass killed it. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2021/11/04/indiana-basketball-there-plan-replace-ius-assembly-hall-new-arena-hoosiers/6282066001/

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If the guy writing me a 50 million dollar check said remodel, I'd tell the media Im killing a rebuild too.  The guy that makes 400k a year does what he's asked of, respectfully.  

• Like 1

Just now, Proud2BAHoosier said:

WOW!! Just watched former Hoosier, Al Durham, and Providence just win the Big East. That has to be an incredible feeling for him to be a part of a championship team while his former teammates can only dream of what it would be like. 

Oh Well.....  🙄

I've watched quite a bit of Providence this year.  Al really has not had a great year statistically, but he plays 35 minutes a game.  He seems much more relaxed and that whole group just plays so well as a team.  Ed Cooley is an excellent coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I've watched quite a bit of Providence this year.  Al really has not had a great year statistically, but he plays 35 minutes a game.  He seems much more relaxed and that whole group just plays so well as a team.  Ed Cooley is an excellent coach.

Agreed. Providence doesn't have that "I'm gonna get mine" guys. Really plays TEAM Ball well....

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Doesn’t he lead them in scoring and shoot like 8 FTs per game?

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He is scoring in double figures and he does shoot a lot of free throws.  But, his percentages and overall efficiency are not good.

To me you're highlighting why looking at just shooting percentages doesn't come close to telling the whole story. 

If we had Al starting right now I think we have 3-5 more wins. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

To me you're highlighting why looking at just shooting percentages doesn't come close to telling the whole story. 

If we had Al starting right now I think we have 3-5 more wins. 

The whole story is that Al is playing for a helluva lot better coach than Archie.  

• Like 1