'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

4 hours ago, rico said:

That’s crazy to me. I mean I get the early exits suck, but damn. Anyone complaining about anything else is crazy. It ain’t gonna get much better for Kentucky than Calipari. Grass ain’t always greener. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

That’s crazy to me. I mean I get the early exits suck, but damn. Anyone complaining about anything else is crazy. It ain’t gonna get much better for Kentucky than Calipari. Grass ain’t always greener. 

The price of success.

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

A lot of KY fans point out how much better KY players get after either turning pro or transferring. They also consider Cal to be a very poor in-game coach who can’t win without vastly superior talent. 

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Not sure I can agree with that. It's a high profile job, the top program in the conference, excellent facilities, with an administration and fan base that clearly don't have a problem looking the other way if anything untoward is going on. Here's a darkest timeline for IU fans - Sampson goes there and wins a title.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Not sure I can agree with that. It's a high profile job, the top program in the conference, excellent facilities, with an administration and fan base that clearly don't have a problem looking the other way if anything untoward is going on. Here's a darkest timeline for IU fans - Sampson goes there and wins a title.

The thing is that top coaches aren't changing jobs any longer so who could they get.  Look at Duke and UNC and they hired within and didn't go outside the program.

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that top coaches aren't changing jobs any longer so who could they get.  Look at Duke and UNC and they hired within and didn't go outside the program.

I just gave you an example of a possibility of who they could get. What Duke and UNC did is irrelevant. Here's another one that would be kind of comical - Rick Pitino comes back to Kentucky for another round. As noted above, Mark Pope is another possibility.

Like it or not, the Kentucky job is one of the top jobs in the country. They're not going to have a whole lot of trouble finding a coach if they decide to move on from Cal.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I just gave you an example of a possibility of who they could get. What Duke and UNC did is irrelevant. Here's another one that would be kind of comical - Rick Pitino comes back to Kentucky for another round. As noted above, Mark Pope is another possibility.

Like it or not, the Kentucky job is one of the top jobs in the country. They're not going to have a whole lot of trouble finding a coach if they decide to move on from Cal.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/if-coach-cal-decided-to-step-down-who-takes-his-place.366071/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Some interesting/comical suggestions in that thread, including two of our favorites, Tom Crean and Brad Stevens. I'd like to see Cal leave just to see who ends up at UK.

The one I took note of was Holtmann.  Seems a lot of Bucknut fans aren't happy with him yet UK fans are clamoring for him.  WTF?

• Like 2