'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

Some interesting/comical suggestions in that thread, including two of our favorites, Tom Crean and Brad Stevens. I'd like to see Cal leave just to see who ends up at UK.

I don't think they're the "Belle of the Ball" they think they are...

What's their culture right now? One and dones supplemented by mercinries from the transfer portal...

Hard enough for them to win with that strategy, but their fan base doesn't want to just win, they think it's some kind of birthright to be in the Final Four every year... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Bryce McGowans to the NBA

To be honest, I thought he was the most ready both body and game wise to turn pro of all of the Big 10 freshmen...he'll be a good one...

"NBA teams were able to see how versatile I can be. I can shoot the ball well, I can handle and pass and play all three backcourt positions and score at all three levels," McGowens said. "And even though we didn't win much, I hope teams were able to see that I have a competitive and winning spirit. I showed I can put on good weight. I came in at 160 pounds, and am now 182. I'm looking for the best team fit now, but would definitely like to squeeze into the lottery. I want to show teams that I'm one of the best players in the draft. "

Eleven may be a record for the number of "I's" in one paragraph. There was one "we" about not winning much. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"NBA teams were able to see how versatile I can be. I can shoot the ball well, I can handle and pass and play all three backcourt positions and score at all three levels," McGowens said. "And even though we didn't win much, I hope teams were able to see that I have a competitive and winning spirit. I showed I can put on good weight. I came in at 160 pounds, and am now 182. I'm looking for the best team fit now, but would definitely like to squeeze into the lottery. I want to show teams that I'm one of the best players in the draft. "

Eleven may be a record for the number of "I's" in one paragraph. There was one "we" about not winning much. 

Honestly though, he is trying to sell himself, not Nebraska.  I don't say we on my resume when creating it and talking about project or accomplishments I achieved on my career.  I don't say we were able to save 2.5mill over 3 years by eliminating X from production.  I say "I" was able to reduce 2.5 million over 3 years by elimination X by utilizing X skillset or tool.

I don't see anything wrong with it

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That’s a meh hire for them. Mediocre record. 1-5 in NCAAT. No obvious ties to DC area. 

This.  I think he's a good coach but Maryland could've waited to take some bigger swings throughout the tournament (Sampson, Cooley, Musselman).  Wondering if Willard was always the target or if they already swung and missed (maybe several times.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Hard to believe but Seton Hall has only made the NCAAT 14 times.  5 of those were on Willard's watch.  

57 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Yeah - they seem like a school that should have many NCAA appearances; I guess just because they have been part of the Big East forever.

They were affiliated with 5 minor conferences in the NE until being one of the seven founding members of the BE in 79-80. Unfortunately for them, it also included Georgetown, St Johns, UConn & Syracuse. Then Villanova joined the next year. So they were up against Thompson, Carnesecca, Calhoun, Boeheim & Massimino. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They were affiliated with 5 minor conferences in the NE until being one of the seven founding members of the BE in 79-80. Unfortunately for them, it also included Georgetown, St Johns, UConn & Syracuse. Then Villanova joined the next year. So they were up against Thompson, Carnesecca, Calhoun, Boeheim & Massimino. 

Holy Cross said no 😳🧐

• Like 1