'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'm pretty sure there was mention of Matta looking to become an AD last year and Butler was mentioned.  Then again, maybe it's Dolson forcing him out - paranoid about TM being the AD in waiting 😉

Totally, I don't think he is being forced out.  But sounds like Woodson was not utilizing Matta much either.  I think Dolson's plan to have "babysitters" did not work out like was intended.  

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Totally, I don't think he is being forced out.  But sounds like Woodson was not utilizing Matta much either.  I think Dolson's plan to have "babysitters" did not work out like was intended.  

Or….Matta knew Collier was going to be retiring soon and wanted a “first step” kind of job as an admin. Either way, having Thad Matta on staff for even just a year isn’t a bad thing at all. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Or….Matta knew Collier was going to be retiring soon and wanted a “first step” kind of job as an admin. Either way, having Thad Matta on staff for even just a year isn’t a bad thing at all. 

Yeah, I think the entire point for Matta was to get some time on the admin side to prepare for being an AD. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

47 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I think the entire point for Matta was to get some time on the admin side to prepare for being an AD. 

I think it’s a combination of all of this. I also think that Collier might not have planned on stepping down just yet but LaVall fell on his face and he doesn’t want to be the one to show him the door so he’s going to let the new AD do that. 

15 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Will Smith is either looking for an assistant coaches position at Michigan or he is preparing to play Juwan Howard in an upcoming movie.

8b1cdb96e4845e4443ad5f86df0f7094

Watch: Juwan Howard Slaps Wisconsin Assistant in Face

Juwan got nothing on King Richard. Will might go down in the Ike Turner Hall of Fame for that slap

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2022 at 2:58 PM, IUCrazy2 said:

I think Dolson's plan to have "babysitters" did not work out like was intended.  

Do you care to clarify this? How has it not worked out to give a new (to College) coach a support group to navigate his first year? Met fans expectation, check. No violations, Check. Now graduating to adjust the team skill set, check. Building a culture, check.

If other things were intended, what do you think those intentions were?

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:33 PM, BGleas said:

I thought that was said at the time he was hired. He was through coaching but interested in becoming an AD and the IU job was to get some experience.

29 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Do you care to clarify this? How has it not worked out to give a new (to College) coach a support group to navigate his first year? Met fans expectation, check. No violations, Check. Now graduating to adjust the team skill set, check. Building a culture, check.

If other things were intended, what do you think those intentions were?

I don't think Woodson liked the idea that he needed sitters if you believe guys like Rabjohns.

Not wanting to go into things really any deeper than that.  We have our staff, they are going to get the opportunity to do things in the manner they see fit, and we all hope it means more wins for the program. 

We had an up and down season.  Woodson got the team to recover in March to get us to a point where he met my expectations.  I honestly kind of aired by complaints after Fife was let go and I am just going to kind of sit back and let Woodson do his thing this summer and see what we get next winter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't think Woodson liked the idea that he needed sitters if you believe guys like Rabjohns.

Not wanting to go into things really any deeper than that.  We have our staff, they are going to get the opportunity to do things in the manner they see fit, and we all hope it means more wins for the program. 

We had an up and down season.  Woodson got the team to recover in March to get us to a point where he met my expectations.  I honestly kind of aired by complaints after Fife was let go and I am just going to kind of sit back and let Woodson do his thing this summer and see what we get next winter.

Thanks, I appreciate you. I doubt anyone would appreciate having some babysitters imposed on them, but if given a team of people experienced in the field to help "you" navigate the first year on the job... I think most people would be receptive. Also during that period, a member of that group (i.e. Matta) gained some experience in a field he has targeted for in the future, and after the stated first objective was successfully completed, how did it not work out?

Now Woody has had a mentor crew, It's time to put his final, personal stamp on it. 

And as o your feelings.. I resemble Dane a lot. His problem was just that his boss is much much stronger than mine. ... Dane's a grown man. He knows why he isn't here any longer. ANYONE with this level of knowledge and skill, never honestly has to ask why they were let go, they already know 100%. 

I'd support Dane as the Butler coach 100%!

On 3/28/2022 at 12:16 PM, IUCrazy2 said:

Who in the admin thought Mike Woodson needed a baby sitter? Did they believe he was love child of Sean Miller, PayPal Cal and Kelvin Samsung? 

Edited by SawatchHoosier

9 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Who in the admin thought Mike Woodson needed a baby sitter? Did they believe he was love child of Sean Miller, PayPal Cal and Kelvin Samsung? 

I don't think it was that thought.  It was that the NCAA rulebook is about telephone book size and not all the rules make a ton of sense and our head coach is brand new to it.

• Like 2