'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Yes. My wife and her family are from Baton Rouge. They’re real quiet about basketball all of a sudden. 

Karma.  Sorry they're family but I can't feel sorry for fans who turned a blind eye.

All I know for sure is LSU is gonna suck.  Don't put that on the internet! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Karma.  Sorry they're family but I can't feel sorry for fans who turned a blind eye.

All I know for sure is LSU is gonna suck.  Don't put that on the internet! 

They’re great people otherwise. The whole attitude toward cheating among fans of SEC teams is so much different than what we are used to as IU fans. They operate under the view of everyone is doing it so it’s no big deal. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I don’t get the love for Holmgren. 

The games I've seen this year, he looked very good...very skilled and mature for a big man and way ahead of what most freshman bigs look like.  He started for #1 (at times) Gonzaga so obviously Mark Few likes him a lot.  The biggest knock is his very slender frame which brings a question of durability.  Make no mistake though...he's very skilled.  This is no Adam Morrison.

That said, he could be Sam Bowie or Greg Oden in the NBA...so injured he never shows his potential.  OTOH, I remember people snickering about Kevin Durant's bench presses at the combine.  My best guess is he's either very good...maybe all-star good or a complete bust.  I don't see him being a mediocre player in the NBA, but at this point, everyone is guessing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

They’re great people otherwise. The whole attitude toward cheating among fans of SEC teams is so much different than what we are used to as IU fans. They operate under the view of everyone is doing it so it’s no big deal. 

I think most teams are willing to push the envelope a little at times, but that's a lot different than Will Wade who pretended that rules didn't exist.  I hope he never gets another college coaching job in his life.  I'm also not sad for LSU fans suffering through some bad basketball for condoning his bad behavior.

We all knew what SHOULD happen to that slimeball.  It just irritates me that the NCAA moved so slow that he was able to still get top recruits for years after he was exposed and was brazen enough to tell recruits that NCAA sanctions would not be a problem (I'm still disappointed in the Watford family for buying his line of crap).  What a dishonest jackass.  Will Wade doesn't have the morals to operate in a prison league.

I feel better now. 😂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The games I've seen this year, he looked very good...very skilled and mature for a big man and way ahead of what most freshman bigs look like.  He started for #1 (at times) Gonzaga so obviously Mark Few likes him a lot.  The biggest knock is his very slender frame which brings a question of durability.  Make no mistake though...he's very skilled.  This is no Adam Morrison.

That said, he could be Sam Bowie or Greg Oden in the NBA...so injured he never shows his potential.  OTOH, I remember people snickering about Kevin Durant's bench presses at the combine.  My best guess is he's either very good...maybe all-star good or a complete bust.  I don't see him being a mediocre player in the NBA, but at this point, everyone is guessing.

Yeah I don't get the take some people have about Holmgren. The guys skills and athleticism are crazy for his size. The only legit knock on him is his weight. At 7ft 1in give me this everyday on the Pacers.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah I don't get the take some people have about Holmgren. The guys skills and athleticism are crazy for his size. The only legit knock on him is his weight. At 7ft 1in give me this everyday on the Pacers.

When I see Holmgren I see Shawn Bradley

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't mean to turn this into a Chet Holmgren love-fest, but the dude literally shot 39% from distance for Gonzaga averaging five attempts per game.  I'd be thrilled if IU's guards shot at that level.

Nobody said he wasn't good in college but as a Pacers fan I don't want them to pick him.  I don't see him being able to be physical enough to be able to compete at a high level on the NBA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Nobody said he wasn't good in college but as a Pacers fan I don't want them to pick him.  I don't see him being able to be physical enough to be able to compete at a high level on the NBA

He has great upside, and I would be pretty happy if the Pacers got him. The NBA isn't the NBA of old, it is more open and not as physical as it used to be which is perfect for him.

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

He has great upside, and I would be pretty happy if the Pacers got him. The NBA isn't the NBA of old, it is more open and not as physical as it used to be which is perfect for him.

It depends when we pick but say we have the #1 pick Holmgren would he my 4th on my list. Mine would be Smith, Banchero and Ivey

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It depends when we pick but say we have the #1 pick Holmgren would he my 4th on my list. Mine would be Smith, Banchero and Ivey

Mine would be either one of Smith, Banchero or Holmgren. Ivey will be a good player but I'm not on his bandwagon like others are. If the Pacers ended up drafting a little lower in the top ten I would even take Murray over Ivey.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

Just now, rico said:

I guess Thad is feeling better?

Literally one year ago one of the members of this board reported seeing Thad at the NCAA games at Hinkle, barely able to walk.  

No doubt he likely still has a sharp basketball mind.  Im more interested in the staff he assembles.  That will answer the health question.  

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Literally one year ago one of the members of this board reported seeing Thad at the NCAA games at Hinkle, barely able to walk.  

No doubt he likely still has a sharp basketball mind.  Im more interested in the staff he assembles.  That will answer the health question.  

Supposedly he’s in good health and in it for the long haul at Butler. That said he needs to hire some good recruiters.