'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

12 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Interesting read on the Millers. 
I’m surprised by some of the things Archie said. 

That article leaves me with the same feeling as when he left.  He wasn't all in here, he was too stubborn to make necessary changes to how his teams played, and he just wasn't a good fit for the job.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That article leaves me with the same feeling as when he left.  He wasn't all in here, he was too stubborn to make necessary changes to how his teams played, and he just wasn't a good fit for the job.

I felt that way after the very first game he coached when we got stomped. Watching Indiana under Archie was like going to the morgue.

I have to think if Matta planned on bringing in Fife, it would have already happened. This is a key time of year in recruiting, and new coaches try to fill out their staff as quickly as they can. It wouldn't make sense to wait this long if he wanted Fife to join him. 

It was cute how the trolls tried so hard to make it seem like Woodson feared for his job and got rid of these guys. But I give them credit for getting the editor of the Butler Collegian to fall for it. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So no more talk of Fife going to Butler

Matta still has a spot open. He has talked to Fife but he had certain things he was focused on filling first. Areas that he knows are not his strong suite like coaching bigs for example. That is why he targeted Pegues. I do not know if he is going to keep Ragland as assistant #3 or someone else. That is TBD. Fife is unlikely but not out of the question. 

9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Matta still has a spot open. He has talked to Fife but he had certain things he was focused on filling first. Areas that he knows are not his strong suite like coaching bigs for example. That is why he targeted Pegues. I do not know if he is going to keep Ragland as assistant #3 or someone else. That is TBD. Fife is unlikely but not out of the question. 

Fife seems unlikely because he isn't a very good candidate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, btownqb said:

Fife seems unlikely because he isn't a very good candidate. 

This. Fife has had zero credibly reported interest for jobs, including from Lewis, Stephens, and Matta. That should be enough for everyone to conclude it was absolutely the right thing for the program to let him go and be enough for everyone be upset with Fife, not Indiana, for how things worked out. 

Dane Fife for all we may feel good about him for a player, hurt this program in his one year as a coach. He was a negative asset. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This. Fife has had zero credibly reported interest for jobs, including from Lewis, Stephens, and Matta. That should be enough for everyone to conclude it was absolutely the right thing for the program to let him go and be enough for everyone be upset with Fife, not Indiana, for how things worked out. 

Dane Fife for all we may feel good about him for a player, hurt this program in his one year as a coach. He was a negative asset. 

Something still amiss here. Regardless of who's to blame. Just doesn't make sense. 

Following is Izzo's statement when Fife left MSU. Izzo didn't need to say these things. Hard to believe that Fife changed that much after coming to IN. 

“I’m thrilled for Dane to get this opportunity at Indiana,” Izzo wrote in the post.  “He is getting the chance to go back to his alma mater and it’s an opportunity to return to a place that he and his wife have considered a second home. Dane has been a tremendous asset to our program over the last 10 years and been a big part of the success we’ve had. He is a born coach, has been a hard worker and committed to Michigan State from the second he arrived here. We will obviously miss him, Blair and their daughters, Quinnly and Reagan, but wish him all the best as he takes this next step in his career and returns to his alma mater.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Something still amiss here. Regardless of who's to blame. Just doesn't make sense. 

Following is Izzo's statement when Fife left MSU. Izzo didn't need to say these things. Hard to believe that Fife changed that much after coming to IN. 

“I’m thrilled for Dane to get this opportunity at Indiana,” Izzo wrote in the post.  “He is getting the chance to go back to his alma mater and it’s an opportunity to return to a place that he and his wife have considered a second home. Dane has been a tremendous asset to our program over the last 10 years and been a big part of the success we’ve had. He is a born coach, has been a hard worker and committed to Michigan State from the second he arrived here. We will obviously miss him, Blair and their daughters, Quinnly and Reagan, but wish him all the best as he takes this next step in his career and returns to his alma mater.”

I don't think it's that Fife forgot the X's and O's, I think it's that he really screwed up in a way he hadn't before. 

It's interesting that Izzo didn't snatch him up right away when Stephens left, yeah? 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I don't think it's that Fife forgot the X's and O's, I think it's that he really screwed up in a way he hadn't before. 

It's interesting that Izzo didn't snatch him up right away when Stephens left, yeah? 

For all we know, Fife may be entertaining multiple offers, including MSU. We have no idea what discussions may be happening behind the scenes. His name has been floated in the media as a possible candidate for MSU, as has Crean's. 

My money for the MSU job would be Austin Thornton, the current video coordinator. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

For all we know, Fife may be entertaining multiple offers, including MSU. We have no idea what discussions may be happening behind the scenes. His name has been floated in the media as a possible candidate for MSU, as has Crean's. 

My money for the MSU job would be Austin Thornton, the current video coordinator. 

Has his name been floated in the media as a candidate at MSU? I can't find anything on google. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I can assume that you have spoken to Matta, Lewis and Izzo correct? Otherwise I am not sure how you can say that they had no interest in Fife. The may or may not. The fact he was not hired does not indicate or prove there was no interest. Does not mean there was interest either. A guy that spent 10 years in Michigan that moves his family to Bloomington just might want to wait and be sure the next move is the right move. His wife may or may not want to go back to Michigan St or to have her husband coach at Ball st or Butler.  Maybe he was so bad no team in the country wants to take a look at him. Who knows but I think it's shallow thinking to just assume he is not wanted by those teams because he is not currently on staff. What do I know. I just passive aggressive and not one of the 2 all knowing😀

• Like 2