'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

31 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He’s achieved everything he can at the collegiate level. Money is not an issue. He is young enough, and appears to be healthy enough to enjoy a long retirement with his wife, maybe grandkids. 

I also see the changing landscape of college athletics, with NIL and the transfer portal causing multiple coaches like him to reevaluate whether they want to continue 

Agree with all this, plus some people just want to retire/do something less stressful at a younger age. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, we are all wired differently. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Wow! Being a college coach is an absolute grind. 

I think the portal has sent several coaches to an early retirement. Your work more than doubles because you are constantly recruiting not just HS but the portal and then even your own guys. Suddenly the power switches from coach to players and that has to be a huge adjustment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Not so sure about that.

That makes more sense to me...a guy with Wright's resume wouldn't want to be below certain players in the pecking order...

Plus, as Dick Vitale has always said, he'd be undefeated as a TV analyst...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That makes more sense to me...a guy with Wright's resume wouldn't want to be below certain players in the pecking order...

Plus, as Dick Vitale has always said, he'd be undefeated as a TV analyst...

Yeah I don't see him going there. That team is all about Lebron and what he wants done. They won the bubble championship but are poorly managed anymore.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1