'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ohhh... well that's good for him. Gambling problems are certainly real.... having to find extra jobs to supplement that habit isn't exactly a good look. 

He found an extra job to pay back around 4,000 dollars he lost. He made a big bet and lost it so decided to find a way to make the money back. Not sure I'd call a one time scenario a gambling addiction when that is in fact a real problem people have. 

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He found an extra job to pay back around 4,000 dollars he lost. He made a big bet and lost it so decided to find a way to make the money back. Not sure I'd call a one time scenario a gambling addiction when that is in fact a real problem people have. 

It seems pretty real to DD. Either way, I hope that isn't the case.... while I don't like DD... I absolutely don't want that for him, would never want that for him. I have no background info on the subject. 

Edited by btownqb

I think I've been wrong on Jay Wright for better part of 10 years. Started years ago and I think it's Pitino's fault. Just thought I saw a taller version of another silver fox....pinstripe suits, big gold watch look,etc....just never liked him or Nova from the get go.

Been reading stories about him since the news broke. He actually seems like a very sincere, honest guy who obviously is a HOF coach. Just been dead wrong on him all along.   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ohhh... well that's good for him. Gambling problems are certainly real.... having to find extra jobs to supplement that habit isn't exactly a good look. 

Speaking of not so good looks. I tried telling DD years ago the guy who would call in to give gambling advice to his listeners had about 5 active court cases going on.....someone finally smartened up. Can't imagine not taking 2 minutes to make sure a regular guest was on the up and up. Haha.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/call-6-investigators/call-6-sports-betting-expert-arrested-on-multiple-felony-warrants

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Not everything he says is false and I don't take everything he says to be 100% accurate. 

I didn't say everything he says is false, but you said you don't like people spreading false information. It's a reasonable question why you'd listen to that man in particular if that's something you try to avoid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You have friends outside of the board?!? 

Yep.  My divorce attorney, The guy in the produce department at the grocery, we talk all the time.  My neighbor Earl, though is 98 years old, though he does call me by the wrong name.  And, this guy was best man in my 9th wedding.     

See the source image

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  My divorce attorney, The guy in the produce department at the grocery, we talk all the time.  My neighbor Earl, though is 98 years old, though he does call me by the wrong name.  And, this guy was best man in my 9th wedding.     

See the source image

Oh Hell, I need to pay closer attention. I've missed the last 3 wives.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Then why do you listen to Dakich?

I just listen to every show on the station during the day. When I'm in my car from 12-3 I listen. When I'm not. I don't. It's that simple. I also listen more for the guests than him. 

Edited by DC2345