'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

16 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Alabama all over the Zags. I guess if the ZAGS  would ever play in a major in the power conference they would not have a CAKE WALK to a 1 SEED Not saying they are not a good or great team but when you play in a tough conference year in and year out wins and losses are different. Kentucky has  wins that would not be there if they had played in the big 10 . So not always the best to go by wins and loss totals 

I agree regarding conference strength but to the Zags credit they are willing to play several big non conference games every year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

I agree regarding conference strength but to the Zags credit they are willing to play several big non conference games every year.

But 1 or even 5 games you set up does not equal playing in a power conference. If IU had been in the MAC would we have missed the NCAA these last few years? I always feel if you want to be the best play against the best. 

9 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Are you guys ready for Peeyoou to be #1 in the rankings??

Ugghh...  🤮

No big deal to this fan. Regular season success should mean more but it just doesn't unfortunately. Purdue sounds like they are really playing well (I don't watch Purdue games) and it's a nice thing for Painter who by all accounts seems like a really good guy/coach....but just like Underwood last year. Regular season success followed by tourney failure brings more ?'s vs praise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having never found my pew in the Church of the Perpetually Offended, and not wanting to miss the boat, after a long and arduous search, I think I've found my cause...

I don't like the nickname "Boilermaker."

boilermaker

noun

boil·er·mak·er | \ ˈbȯi-lər-ˌmā-kər  \

Definition of boilermaker

1: a worker who makes, assembles, or repairs boilers

2: whiskey with a beer chaser 

I think with this nickname, Purdue University is promoting alcoholism (and considering the visuals of West Lafayette, who can blame them?)...

I propose we lobby to change that offensive nickname, and I have some suggestions for the administration...

Bridesmaids 

Second Fiddles 

And (my personal favorite) 

Lil' Bros' 

How many times do we have to see that Purdue Pete stagger around the field before we wake up to the abomination! 

Of course, I could just be grouchy, being old and recovering from partaking in the drinking of Boil...er um, beers and shots last night... 

😉

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, loviubb said:

But 1 or even 5 games you set up does not equal playing in a power conference. If IU had been in the MAC would we have missed the NCAA these last few years? I always feel if you want to be the best play against the best. 

If IU would have been in the WCC, we absolutely would have missed the NCAA tournament last year.  We would have been the 3rd or 4th best team in what historically is a 1, and at most a 2, bid league.

We were not good last year.  Gonzaga was.  We can debate if they have an undefeated record.  We can't debate that they are one of the better programs in the country.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rico said:

But according to many here, the 'Cuse is/was horrible?

If Buddy the Elf is your best player, what's your ceiling?  50ish.  Turning a corner from a quad 3 loss which at the time was the direction they were heading fast.  Now, thankfully they are steadying the ship and that will likely remain a solid quad 2 loss.  FSU is down by the way.