'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Uk ministry of health said most cases mild recently.  

I found this quote a few months ago.  Not a direct shot at anyone but if you prescribe to mainstream media in any format, they make money by manipulation and fear.  Its a fact and they have admitted it.  

img_1_1640036197268.jpg

I would argue a better summation of the past 20 months would be too many people refusing to take simple measures to protect themselves and others, and as a result more than 800,000 Americans and millions worldwide have died. Also not a shot at anyone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I would argue a better summation of the past 20 months would be too many people refusing to take simple measures to protect themselves and others, and as a result more than 800,000 Americans and millions worldwide have died. Also not a shot at anyone.

I hate to derail and I will be done unless the covid thread is ever reopened.  Yhe excessive deaths numbers when looking at overdose deaths and what not, don't really back that up, as has been discussed and broken down over there.  The avg age of covid death or death with covid is still very high.  Good luck finding up to date data on that, its suppressed information by our media masters.  

I've done the simple compliance.  I wont continue when corporate America continues to march right on while mom and pops are put out.  If they are willing to run the calculated risks then I'll take as much business there as possible.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Notre Dame is playing really well right now against Western Michigan. I get that the level of competition is a step down, but Notre Dame is running great offense and is incredibly solid defensively right now. They are really fundamental and solid in their decision making tonight. Makes me think that our win against them might be worth something down the line. Also makes me think that we are able to disrupt others in their style of play a bit more than is obvious at first glance...

• Like 9

Guys, we have made a decision as a staff to avoid the covid conversation as a whole. We closed the thread in the general discussion forum.

I get it is hard to avoid this topic totally. But let's keep it related to the sports world.

We are not gonna go back to sharing views on policies, government, mandates etc.

This just is not the place for it.

Please respect this. It is a fine line, but I think we all know where it is.

Discuss covid in terms of its impact on the sporting world.....particularly college basketball.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Guys, we have made a decision as a staff to avoid the covid conversation as a whole. We closed the thread in the general discussion forum.

I get it is hard to avoid this topic totally. But let's keep it related to the sports world.

We are not gonna go back to sharing views on policies, government, mandates etc.

This just is not the place for it.

Please respect this. It is a fine line, but I think we all know where it is.

Discuss covid in terms of its impact on the sporting world.....particularly college basketball.

Covid spelled backwards is 'Divoc'.  Pronounced 'Dee-vock'.  As in, "What divoc is going on?".

Tying it all to basketball:

1) Vlade Divac was a darn good ballplayer.

2) Unlike Kofi Cockburn, the 'ck' sound in divoc is not silent.  Otherwise we would be saying 'Devo' and someone would  complain it belonged in the music thread.

On a side note, it took me 4 tries to get my phone to accept the word 'divoc'. It kept auto correcting it to 'divorce'.  My phone knows me too well.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Covid spelled backwards is 'Divoc'.  Pronounced 'Dee-vock'.  As in, "What divoc is going on?".

2) Unlike Kofi Cockburn, the 'ck' sound in divoc is not silent.  Otherwise we would be saying 'Devo' and someone would  complain it belonged in the music thread.

On a side note, it took me 4 tries to get my phone to accept the word 'divoc'. It kept auto correcting it to 'divorce'.  My phone knows me too well.

Go to bed, fouls.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Not as well as your divorce lawyers.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

Notre Dame is playing really well right now against Western Michigan. I get that the level of competition is a step down, but Notre Dame is running great offense and is incredibly solid defensively right now. They are really fundamental and solid in their decision making tonight. Makes me think that our win against them might be worth something down the line. Also makes me think that we are able to disrupt others in their style of play a bit more than is obvious at first glance...

Western Michigan is truly an awful team. They are one of the worst teams in all of division 1. I would expect ND to look good against them. 

Now, ND vs Kentucky is a different story.

16 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Apparently UK passed on playing Texas or Gonzaga to play WKU. 

I hate UK but not going to hate on that decision. Giving some local kids that might have dreamed of playing at UK a shot is fine with me. Same reason I don't have problem when IU schedules instate schools other than losing to those schools

• Like 2