'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

53 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Final 79-78 Davidson over Bama

I was at this game. In laws live in Bham so took my boys for something to do… I wore my IU gear, they wore their Auburn just to be annoying (my wife went there) and we cheered like heck for Davidson! 
Bama has now lost to Iona, Memphis and Davidson. Seem over rated to me, they live and die by the 3 

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I was at this game. In laws live in Bham so took my boys for something to do… I wore my IU gear, they wore their Auburn just to be annoying (my wife went there) and we cheered like heck for Davidson! 
Bama has now lost to Iona, Memphis and Davidson. Seem over rated to me, they live and die by the 3 

Bob McKillop has been a really good coach for a long time...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

Franklin was 1-7 from the 3 in UVA’s loss to Clemson tonight. In the last 6 games he is 2-28 from the 3 which I don’t think is real good.

He's really got a case of the yips.  If I were Bennett, I'd bench him and take some of the pressure off.  I think Woody's approach with Phinisee has helped Rob a lot.  We'll see if he continues to progress as an offensive threat, but who expected Rob to shoot better than Armaan from distance this year?

If I'm Armaan Franklin shooting poorly on a mediocre team, I've got to be thinking what if...?

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

He's really got a case of the yips.  If I were Bennett, I'd bench him and take some of the pressure off.  I think Woody's approach with Phinisee has helped Rob a lot.  We'll see if he continues to progress as an offensive threat, but who expected Rob to shoot better than Armaan from distance this year?

If I'm Armaan Franklin shooting poorly on a mediocre team, I've got to be thinking what if...?

Saw some chatter on another site and really don't know if it true.  Supposedly in the second half UVA went 17 minutes in between FGs and they played 11 guys and got zero points from the bench.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

He's really got a case of the yips.  If I were Bennett, I'd bench him and take some of the pressure off. 

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Saw some chatter on another site and really don't know if it true.  Supposedly in the second half UVA went 17 minutes in between FGs and they played 11 guys and got zero points from the bench.  

That's why they're stuck playing Franklin, even with the shooting slump. He's still their second leading scorer (although very inefficient) and he got 8 rebounds on a night they got pounded on the glass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That's why they're stuck playing Franklin, even with the shooting slump. He's still their second leading scorer (although very inefficient) and he got 8 rebounds on a night they got pounded on the glass. 

Yes, Franklin can contribute in other ways too....defense and rebounding....hopefully he can get his shot back. I don't wish for anyone to play poorly (unless playing IU)...he is a nice kid and hope the best for him.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Why did Huggy Bear run him off?

Not sure....he left mid-season last year. He was playing behind a kid averaging like 14 and 11 in 24 minutes....he was effective as well but only getting like 20 mins. Of course Cal jumped on him right away....who knows what happens behind the scenes with this stuff. I know UK at the time was like 1-8 or something ridiculous so they were probably reaching out to kids behind the scenes with their money men on kids that might jump ship. Cal had struck out on his bigs in that recruiting class so they were sitting on having to get a transfer regardless. Just weird he left mid-season.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Why did Huggy Bear run him off?

"After West Virginia’s Nov. 18 win over Elon, Huggins issued a challenge to his own players to earn their minutes or “go ahead and transfer.” He then took a not-so-veiled shot at Tshiebwe.

“We lost an alleged McDonald’s All-American because he didn’t like the fact that we were making him do things that were hard,” Huggins said, according to the West Virginia student newspaper. “So, we’re fine.”"

In a recent article by Kyle Tucker of The Athletic, Tshiebwe opened up about why he wanted to leave WVU, and his response came as a bit of a shock. He made allegations that head coach, Bob Huggins, tried to 'ruin' his life.

“God heard my cry for help and he said, get your stuff. It was a tough decision to leave. People say, ‘You’re ruining your life.’ People say, ‘If you make that decision, you’re done.’ Coach [Bob Huggins] told me he was going to ruin my life if I did that. He was going to say all these different things to NBA GMs so nobody would ever want me. He said a lot of negative things about me to Coach [John] Calipari. He said I got caught smoking weed. He said I got caught with a lot of different women. Crazy stuff I didn’t know about.” 

During Friday's press conference to preview WVU's game at UAB, Huggins was asked about the allegations that Tshiebwe made and responded by saying, "He left. I'm not going to get into all that. Everybody here knows that's not me. We played a game, the game was over, Oscar left, I never saw him again. I couldn't have possibly said anything when I didn't see him. He left. I know what happened, everybody here knows what happened. Let's all move on with our lives."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yes, Franklin can contribute in other ways too....defense and rebounding....hopefully he can get his shot back. I don't wish for anyone to play poorly (unless playing IU)...he is a nice kid and hope the best for him.

He left IU by his choice for greener pastures. I hope his miserable season continues. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, 13th&Jackson said:

"After West Virginia’s Nov. 18 win over Elon, Huggins issued a challenge to his own players to earn their minutes or “go ahead and transfer.” He then took a not-so-veiled shot at Tshiebwe.

“We lost an alleged McDonald’s All-American because he didn’t like the fact that we were making him do things that were hard,” Huggins said, according to the West Virginia student newspaper. “So, we’re fine.”"

In a recent article by Kyle Tucker of The Athletic, Tshiebwe opened up about why he wanted to leave WVU, and his response came as a bit of a shock. He made allegations that head coach, Bob Huggins, tried to 'ruin' his life.

“God heard my cry for help and he said, get your stuff. It was a tough decision to leave. People say, ‘You’re ruining your life.’ People say, ‘If you make that decision, you’re done.’ Coach [Bob Huggins] told me he was going to ruin my life if I did that. He was going to say all these different things to NBA GMs so nobody would ever want me. He said a lot of negative things about me to Coach [John] Calipari. He said I got caught smoking weed. He said I got caught with a lot of different women. Crazy stuff I didn’t know about.” 

During Friday's press conference to preview WVU's game at UAB, Huggins was asked about the allegations that Tshiebwe made and responded by saying, "He left. I'm not going to get into all that. Everybody here knows that's not me. We played a game, the game was over, Oscar left, I never saw him again. I couldn't have possibly said anything when I didn't see him. He left. I know what happened, everybody here knows what happened. Let's all move on with our lives."

Ok....well there you go.....something tells me the story doesn't quite add up.....imagine it was somewhere in between. I know Huggy probably doesn't put up with whiney kids...but I highly doubt the details of this kids unbelievable story lol. All that matters is that basically he can't be boxed out and is a beast on the boards and in the post...and the rich get richer.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Ok....well there you go.....something tells me the story doesn't quite add up.....imagine it was somewhere in between. I know Huggy probably doesn't put up with whiney kids...but I highly doubt the details of this kids unbelievable story lol. All that matters is that basically he can't be boxed out and is a beast on the boards and in the post...and the rich get richer.

This says a lot. Sounds like he never really committed himself to WV. 

Another standout performance against future Illinois star Kofi Cockburn with Calipari in attendance finally convinced the Hall of Fame coach to pull the trigger on the offer, but by that point in Tshiebwe’s recruiting West Virginia was seen as the overwhelming favorite to land his commitment.

Despite Tshiebwe finally landing the offer from his self-proclaimed “dream school,” those predictions proved true.

“When it came time to sign, I don’t know where my mind was,” Tshiebwe said. “I ended up at West Virginia. West Virginia was a good place, good people. They treated me really nice, but I just felt like that was not the place God wanted me to be for a long time. I’m in a good place now.”

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2021/06/30/kentucky-basketball-news-oscar-tshiebwe-at-his-dream-school/5372309001/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This says a lot. Sounds like he never really committed himself to WV. 

Another standout performance against future Illinois star Kofi Cockburn with Calipari in attendance finally convinced the Hall of Fame coach to pull the trigger on the offer, but by that point in Tshiebwe’s recruiting West Virginia was seen as the overwhelming favorite to land his commitment.

Despite Tshiebwe finally landing the offer from his self-proclaimed “dream school,” those predictions proved true.

“When it came time to sign, I don’t know where my mind was,” Tshiebwe said. “I ended up at West Virginia. West Virginia was a good place, good people. They treated me really nice, but I just felt like that was not the place God wanted me to be for a long time. I’m in a good place now.”

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2021/06/30/kentucky-basketball-news-oscar-tshiebwe-at-his-dream-school/5372309001/

Yep...something tells me the recruiting probably never really ended either...especially as Kentuckys season started going down the toilet.