'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

In his first class, Langford, Phinisee, and Hunter had Purdue offers...

In his second, both TJD and Franklin had Purdue offers

In his 3rd, Lander, and Galloway had Purdue offers

My opinion that that list is a little better than the one you offered...Particularly in the 4-5 star category...Langford and TJD were major triumphs for Archie...

In just beating out the other, I'd say Archie is ahead...In evaluation and development is where he suffered...

Langford and Lander had offers but I think that’s about where Painter’s recruitment of them ended. He knew it’d be a waste of time on both of them and wisely allocated those resources elsewhere. 

Galloway was an interesting one for sure because I know CMP liked him and I know Galloway was into Purdue but Ivey and Morton beat him to the punch and his Purdue offer dried up after that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Langford and Lander had offers but I think that’s about where Painter’s recruitment of them ended. He knew it’d be a waste of time on both of them and wisely allocated those resources elsewhere. 

Galloway was an interesting one for sure because I know CMP liked him and I know Galloway was into Purdue but Ivey and Morton beat him to the punch and his Purdue offer dried up after that. 

Yep that’s exactly how it’s went. painter called and offered them both, then immediately after offering said “ we aren’t interested we’re gonna go elsewhere, just wanted to offer you”. Seems logical. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Yep that’s exactly how it’s went. painter called and offered them both, then immediately after offering said “ we aren’t interested we’re gonna go elsewhere, just wanted to offer you”. Seems logical. 

That kind of stuff happens all the time. It’d be a weird look if Painter didn’t even offer a guy the caliber of a Romeo Langford. But do you actually think Painter legit spent time and/or resources on him or Lander? It doesn’t have to be a “hey we’re gonna go elsewhere” but rather an offer and then not having any communication after that. Painter isn’t dumb. He’s not going to waste time on a guy he knows he’s not going to get. 

My guess is a similar situation happened when Woodson offered Myles Colvin. He offered him and knew it was a long shot and didn’t waste any additional time recruiting him after that. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That kind of stuff happens all the time. It’d be a weird look if Painter didn’t even offer a guy the caliber of a Romeo Langford. But do you actually think Painter legit spent time and/or resources on him or Lander? It doesn’t have to be a “hey we’re gonna go elsewhere” but rather an offer and then not having any communication after that. Painter isn’t dumb. He’s not going to waste time on a guy he knows he’s not going to get. 

My guess is a similar situation happened when Woodson offered Myles Colvin. He offered him and knew it was a long shot and didn’t waste any additional time recruiting him after that. 

Exactly...you don't just offer the kid...you are making offers to programs....HS/AAU. You make in roads with those coaches etc. This one may not materialize but recognize the talent and reward it with an offer...but you are working the channels all the time looking for that next kid...and sometimes there is a long game to it. Of course you want that kid...but no doubt Romeo was long gone for Purdue and he moved on early....heck he was out of IU's picture until UL stuff went down....which is also why you recruit...because stuff happens and things can change quickly with a 16/17 year old!

Edited by dgambill
  • Thanks 1