'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

7 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

How does Duke ever lose ?

All I know is I don't want to be in their side of the bracket come tourney time....the Coach K farewell tour will be in full swing come March and ESPN and NCAA will be pushing a final 4 narrative like none other.....be interesting to see the officials during that run lol. I still have nightmares from 92.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

All I know is I don't want to be in their side of the bracket come tourney time....the Coach K farewell tour will be in full swing come March and ESPN and NCAA will be pushing a final 4 narrative like none other.....be interesting to see the officials during that run lol. I still have nightmares from 92.

ESPN doesn't carry the tournament

An absolutely atrocious no-call in the Florida-Tennessee game.  Florida player beyond the arc pump fakes Tennessee defender in the air.  Tennessee defender literally lands on top of him and there is no foul call.  I exaggerate not...worst no-call I've seen in a loooooong time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Got to revisit this...Nate Oates was one of the hottest names in coaches, but his team is definitely underwhelming this year.

They are 13th in the SEC in 3 pt % at 27%, but 1st in attempts at 30 per game. For the full season, they are 30.9%, 303rd in D1, but 8th in attempts. Not the same team with Petty gone. Quinerly's 3pt % has dropped from 43% last year to 24% w/o Petty as a threat. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

An absolutely atrocious no-call in the Florida-Tennessee game.  Florida player beyond the arc pump fakes Tennessee defender in the air.  Tennessee defender literally lands on top of him and there is no foul call.  I exaggerate not...worst no-call I've seen in a loooooong time.

I was watching that game and  told the wife about that play. I think during the next timeout Coach White was telling the ref that was 6 missed calls in a row which is pretty close to what I had witnessed during that time. I try not to blame the Ref's but as others have said it's bad across the board, Time for the NCAA to pony up for full time Ref's