'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

9 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Pumping money in those areas as well.

Both of my kids graduated from there and I think it's one of the best values for higher education....

When I was there they called it west side high. But it's better than that. Just have to go the STEM route. 

Well, do that anywhere really. 

• Like 1

For anyone who cares …update : brown did file for a medical waiver , if granted he intends to start playing in January.

also, vaunted class of 2021 is showing out.  Blake Wesley plays big minutes and leads notre dame in scoring with 21 first game ,  Jayden Taylor second on butler in minutes over 3 games and playing extremely well, Furst with starts for Purdue rebounding and defending well , etchison gets solid minutes and some production for western Michigan against Michigan state , Goode has been the leading minute getter for freshman for Illinois , waddell and Kaufman redshirting and it appears barnhizer may join them ( although my feelings won’t be hurt if he jumps in portal and heads to an indiana school )

• Like 2

Syracuse up by 17 now...I always watch Syracuse if I can, just to watch the Girard kid. He's an even more extreme New York state version of Luke Brown...4,700 + points in high school, but was only rated a 3 star prospect coming out...he was better as a freshman than a sophomore, but is looking pretty good so far this year.

7-7 from 3...

And Buddy Boeheim is pretty good too...

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 8:12 PM, IU Scott said:

I would think USI would really have to update their campus and facilities to be successful at the D1 level.  I took my son down their for a visit a few years Ago.  It was a nice little campus but the dorms was not very good.  Also wasn't much other living areas around the campus.

No offense Scott but have you seen the dorms....well ANYWHERE?? We aren't talking USI vs IU...I meant they will never compare. I've seen UofE and that isn't any better. Actually, I think most lived in houses near campus at UE but that has been some years ago. Also UE campus life is non-existent. It's a tiny campus with no real social life or student life. USI feels like a normal campus and has a lot more going on there. The athletes always get the best living conditions....and probably wouldn't stay in the dorms (didn't when I was there) or will get their own new one. They stayed in the bigger on campus apartments but I'm sure they have been or will continue to be improved as they continue to grow. I really think it's an underrated school....especially if you are going into nursing, education, business.....obviously needs improvement in the sciences as most smaller schools do.

Edited by dgambill

On 11/13/2021 at 10:03 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

That is soooo much better than the old PAC. Don't get me wrong...sentimental times playing there and watching some of the best teams we've ever had under Pearl...that is a huge upgrade and honestly very very well done....and very comfy to watch a game...no more bleacher seating except for the student section who is up the whole time anyways.

Also with the new Ford arena downtown I'm sure they will have some games there too....at least that is where the OVC tournament has been last few years and well Indiana just knows how to do basketball watching so very well.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

No offense Scott but have you seen the dorms....well ANYWHERE?? We aren't talking USI vs IU...I meant they will never compare. I've seen UofE and that isn't any better. Actually, I think most lived in houses near campus at UE but that has been some years ago. Also UE campus life is non-existent. It's a tiny campus with no real social life or student life. USI feels like a normal campus and has a lot more going on there. The athletes always get the best living conditions....and probably wouldn't stay in the dorms (didn't when I was there) or will get their own new one. They stayed in the bigger on campus apartments but I'm sure they have been or will continue to be improved as they continue to grow. I really think it's an underrated school....especially if you are going into nursing, education, business.....obviously needs improvement in the sciences as most smaller schools do.

I have seen dorms at IU, ISU and USI

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have seen dorms at IU, ISU and USI

Then you know they are all pretty crappy lol. Was it only the dorms at USI or did you see the on campus apartments. I know when I went only the freshman lived in the dorms but they have both. At least the on campus apartments have 4 people share two bedrooms and you have two bathrooms and then they have a decent living room and kitchen. They were building a lot of dorms when I left because the enrollment was going through the roof. We all lived in the apartments and the ball players had their own as well next to the fraternity/sorority row.