'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree completely. I hate it too, because to be honest I really like watching tchem play, just wish they had a different name on the front of the jersey. 

I was an Archie supporter for longer than most, though was ready for him to go by the end of last season, but man he really screwed IU by missing on Furst and Kauffman. Those might be his biggest misses in terms of impact on IU in his 4 years.  

This will probably sound dumb, because it seems logical that it would be the case.  But ,I'm convinced that 99% of the reason Kaufman chose Purdue over IU because of Painter vs Archie.  Archie was so slow to get involved in the recruitment.  Ostrom was doing all the contact for a long time, and even he was well behind Purdue.  The Boilers were on him long before any other major program.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You surprised about TKR redshirting? Can’t remember if I had asked you. 

I'm not surprised.  If you would have asked me 4 months ago, I would have said maybe.  But, from the clips I saw of some from some of the preseason action, I suspected minutes were going to be hard to come by. I honestly thought both he and Furst would have a hard time getting minutes in such an experienced rotation.  But, Furst has really surprised me.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As IU, fans, we just need to accept the reality for this year.  Purdue is talented enough to win it all.  Anyone that thinks otherwise is saying so with crimson tinted blinders on.  Now, over the course of the next 2-3 years, we need to flip the script 

Looks like a good team for sure. Given they've never won it I'll stay on the side of we'll see and they'll likely won't. Kind of like Illinois last year...some programs just won't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This will probably sound dumb, because it seems logical that it would be the case.  But ,I'm convinced that 99% of the reason Kaufman chose Purdue over IU because of Painter vs Archie.  Archie was so slow to get involved in the recruitment.  Ostrom was doing all the contact for a long time, and even he was well behind Purdue.  The Boilers were on him long before any other major program.  

Absolutely. It says A LOT that Kauffman chose to join Painter and a loaded frontcourt versus coming to IU and Archie at a time when many thought TJD was certainly gone and maybe Race Thompson as well.  

Kauffman chose a program over a team. I'm hoping Woodson is well on his way to building a program.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm sitting here wondering how anyone in the country, let alone IU, can guard Edey.  I realize his minutes will always be limited, but for the 20-25 minutes he is out there, how do you stop him on the offensive end?  I don't think double teaming will work.  

Put Tonya Harding on the post...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm sitting here wondering how anyone in the country, let alone IU, can guard Edey.  I realize his minutes will always be limited, but for the 20-25 minutes he is out there, how do you stop him on the offensive end?  I don't think double teaming will work.  

I think you have to try and make him run end to end. You have to hope you can force misses and turnovers so guys like TJD and Race can beat him in transition. 

Dangerous game though, because Purdue also has the talent to play well in transition. 

18 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Thanks to the HoosierHysterics creeps, we didn’t get Dawson Garcia. He’s owning Purdue.

Is there some back story? Any other information?

All the respect in the world to you as a poster but a kid doesn't cite these two internet/podcast/twitter guys as the reason he chose another school. Just my two cents of course.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Thanks to the HoosierHysterics creeps, we didn’t get Dawson Garcia. He’s owning Purdue.

This game is filled with talented kids Archie tried to recruit.  

You don't land them all, but imagine IU with some combination of:

Furst

Kauffman

Garcia

Caleb Love

Anthony Harris

Stefanovic (a kid Crean probably should have recruited)

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Is there some back story? Any other information?

All the respect in the world to you as a poster but a kid doesn't cite these two internet/podcast/twitter guys as the reason he chose another school. Just my two cents of course.

Yeah I knew a kid who played with Dawson at Marquette. Was very turned off by their gimmicks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Yeah I knew a kid who played with Dawson at Marquette. Was very turned off by their gimmicks.

Thanks! I knew DJ Carton's Mom from a prior life and she loved IU....but the kid wanted playing time guaranteed....smaller fish bowl and chose Ohio St. Later cited the scrutiny by fans as a reason to transfer from Ohio St to oddly Marquette where they played together so was just curious.

Small world for sure and I'm certain most fans know 5% tops of what's going on behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Agree completely. I hate it too, because to be honest I really like watching them play, just wish they had a different name on the front of the jersey. 

I was an Archie supporter for longer than most, though was ready for him to go by the end of last season, but man he really screwed IU by missing on Furst and Kauffman. Those might be his biggest misses in terms of impact on IU in his 4 years.  

The 4 years we wasted on Archie Miller set us back big time, and his recruiting misses in '21 were the kill shot. 

I still can't believe there were people who wanted him to get another year. Assembly Hall would probably look like our football stadium right now. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The only thing worse than UNC's defense is their shot selection...7 top 70 kids and their offense consists of jacking up 3s...

Purdue didn't have to play D and executed their offense well...Trevion Williams gets it down low he's either going to score or get fouled...

UNC has zero interest in playing D. They allowed 87 to Brown and 83 to Col of Charleston. Watched part of the Brown game and Brown got any shot they wanted, mostly layups