'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If that is the case they decided to late because Michael Lewis would be their ideal candidate.

If they wanted Lewis he would’ve known. It sounds like they’ve had this decision made for a while but there’s some contractual dates that have held things up to not happen sooner. 

3 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Dane Fife

No chance. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If that is the case they decided to late because Michael Lewis would be their ideal candidate.

Good.  I prefer Mike right where he is at.  And the way the very few Butler fans acted around their good run, I am more than happy to see that program find its traditional level. (Solid team but not the next coming they thought they were.)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I was just told that Thad Matta will be the new AD and the new coach will be Jeff Boals from Ohio.

Sounds like a solid stand up single with the chance to score if he brings in a nice lineup behind him.  Butler is void of shooters and athletes right now so he has his work cut out for him.  

13 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Not to open up a can of worms, but that might be Woodson getting the last of what he wants too.

I'm pretty sure there was mention of Matta looking to become an AD last year and Butler was mentioned.  Then again, maybe it's Dolson forcing him out - paranoid about TM being the AD in waiting 😉

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Not to open up a can of worms, but that might be Woodson getting the last of what he wants too.

1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'm pretty sure there was mention of Matta looking to become an AD last year and Butler was mentioned.  Then again, maybe it's Dolson forcing him out - paranoid about TM being the AD in waiting 😉

I don't know if he goes or stays, but I honestly thought from the beginning that Thad Matta was hired as a transition piece that likely would not stay long term.  Regardless of the state of IU's program or how well the staff gets along, I didn't see him sticking around more than a year or two.  He was hired on more or less as a consultant to help Woody get the lay of the college Big Ten landscape, or at least that's what I thought when he was hired.

• Like 2