'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Just now, 5fouls said:

There's not a lot of class in college hoops.  There's less now.  

Agreed on that one. Was pulling for them this year. Definitely seemed to run a good program the “Wright” way….and for many years a fun offensive system with the movement and bigs shooting.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe. Cal hasn't won a tourney game in 3 years so I'm not putting them in any F4's anytime soon. I just think Calipari and the stress of that job has 1-2 years more max.

Even with Oscar returning I don't think they will be any better then they were this season. Cal has grown stale there and I think their Final Four days under him are over.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Some of my UK friends think he only cares about who he puts in the draft, rather than postseason success.

Of course, it could be that because his post-season success is much diminished that he has to emphasize who he puts in the draft.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Some of my UK friends think he only cares about who he puts in the draft, rather than postseason success.

I know 2 UK guys. Both have wanted him gone for 4 years. The last 3 haven't helped...especially with Tennessee, Auburn, and now Arkansas having more success. 

Problem for me is I hope and pray that Walmart and every Perdue Chicken heir ponies up or Eric M is going to be in Lexington in a few years. That could be scary. 

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know 2 UK guys. Both have wanted him gone for 4 years. The last 3 haven't helped...especially with Tennessee, Auburn, and now Arkansas having more success. 

Problem for me is I hope and pray that Walmart and every Perdue Chicken heir ponies up or Eric M is going to be in Lexington in a few years. That could be scary. 

Eric M?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Would going to UK even be enough of a step up to make it worthwhile at this point? He's getting whoever he wants at Arkansas and is under way less pressure to perform there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The last time UK hired an Arky guy it didn't go so well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good point.  I believe he’s from Lexington so that’s probably one and only dream job territory for him.   The question is whether it would be mutual.    

The Billy Donovan and Jay Wright frenzy will go into bonkers territory for them.  

Neither of which I can see happening. I think the best shot anyone had at luring Billy back to college was us, and that was timing as much as anything with KD having left OKC. At this point Billy has established he is a very good NBA coach and I don’t see him walking from that.

Jay Wright to UK… not happening. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Neither of which I can see happening. I think the best shot anyone had at luring Billy back to college was us, and that was timing as much as anything with KD having left OKC. At this point Billy has established he is a very good NBA coach and I don’t see him walking from that.

Yeah, I just meant their fans would lose their minds down those paths.  We know how they are.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Jay Wright to the Sixers?