'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I still think Holtmann is more likely. 

Unless Holtmann wins more next year that ain't happening because he will likely be on a very hot seat at OSU or on the way out. UK would have to strike out on several other coaches before they go that route. Unless of course he wins big in the tournament. 

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What is happening to Doc? He might put them in the Finals this year. 

I would say Doc is safe right now.  And perhaps for the foreseeable future.  But I think Jay's name will come up if and when something goes awry.

Jay Wright has been an assistant with team USA and has a good relationship with Popovich. I Know he said he's retiring and becoming the assistant president or whatever but so did Urban Meyer when he stepped down at OSU prior to joining the Jaguars. Yes, Wright is not Meyer but you never know what will happen when a team comes knocking on your door. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Unless Holtmann wins more next year that ain't happening because he will likely be on a very hot seat at OSU or on the way out. UK would have to strike out on several other coaches before they go that route. Unless of course he wins big in the tournament. 

Yeah the Bucknut nation isn't satisfied with Holtmann's results.  I suspect if tOSU fails to make the tournament Chris will become unemployed?

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Crean is on with Dakich right now talking about Wright.

wait wait wait.... Dakich's show is named "don't @ me" 

haha that is the absolute most hilarious show name I EVER seen. Especially when you factor in.... allllll the absolute trash Dakich spews on Twitter, as soon as you call him out, he blocks you lol... that is funny. 

"Don't @ Me" because DD can't handle it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

wait wait wait.... Dakich's show is named "don't @ me" 

haha that is the absolute most hilarious show name I EVER seen. Especially when you factor in.... allllll the absolute trash Dakich spews on Twitter, as soon as you call him out, he blocks you lol... that is funny. 

"Don't @ Me" because DD can't handle it. 

That is his morning national show on Outkick

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

He was actually very polite and respectful with Crean.  If he was always like that he'd be watchable. 

I believe it. There were times I really liked him calling our games, he's still better than Walton, regardless! 

Is his studio in Indy? 

DD was good at calling games because he understands basketball and isn't just talking. It was also always funny how every fan base thought that he hated their team. It was constant which just meant that he wasn't biased towards them or spoke the truth about what was going on in the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

DD was good at calling games because he understands basketball and isn't just talking. It was also always funny how every fan base thought that he hated their team. It was constant which just meant that he wasn't biased towards them or spoke the truth about what was going on in the game. 

Until he wanted to get personal with Blackmon every night, every broadcast. That was a joy to listen to, 🙄.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He already made that money back a few months ago but who cares about facts. 

You seem upset, Dan a friend of yours? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

ohhh... well that's good for him. Gambling problems are certainly real.... having to find extra jobs to supplement that habit isn't exactly a good look. 

100%. It's even worse when you have had high paying jobs for a very long time and fall that badly into it. l

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I would say he was good at calling games. Like you said, he understands the game and was really good at analyzing teams and players. 

But two things started to impact how good he was. 1) as his stock rose at ESPN, he started to have a shtick instead of being himself (happens to a lot of announcers) and 2) as his sort of beef with IU grew or his sensing that his radio ratings rose as he criticized IU that began seeping into his announcing of games. 

What I mean by point two is that he'd be announcing games completely unrelated to IU, not even Big Ten games, and go on these weird, random IU rants. It made no sense. 

• Like 4