'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Lots of teams struggled last night.  The ones that caught my attention:

UC-San Diego wins at California  80-67

Pitt loses at home to the Citadel  78-63

West Virginia struggles at home in a win over Oakland  60-53

Xavier squeaks past Niagra at home  63-60  *Hunter started and had 7 pts. on 1-8 from the field.

Houston over Hofstra in OT

#25 Virginia loses at home to Navy  66-58

Edited by rico
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rico said:

Xavier squeaks past Niagra at home  63-60  *Hunter started and had 7 pts. on 1-8 from the field.

Armann Franklin plays 33 min, scores 7 pts on 2-11 shooting, 1-7 from the arc.  

• Haha 1

Is the Champions Classic in need of an overhaul? Michigan State hasn't won a championship since 2000 and only has four wins in this event. Kansas and uk have only won one title since 2000. Duke has had more success winning three titles since 2000. Seems like UNC with 3 or Nova, Uconn, and Florida with 2 each would have as much claim to play in this as uk, MSU and KU. 

Maybe setting it up for last seasons champs to always be a part of it would make it better or using teams that have won it in the past ten seasons or so would help. My guess is they count on the fans for these four traveling.

3 hours ago, rico said:

Virginia and the pack line. They risk stuff like this because they don't blow teams out because they play such a slow pace offensively and then give up 3's. Navy went 11-21. It's just not a sustainable way to win long term..I know I know they won a championship but long term success and avoid early outs etc....you just give yourself such a small margin for error.

12 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Is the Champions Classic in need of an overhaul? Michigan State hasn't won a championship since 2000 and only has four wins in this event. Kansas and uk have only won one title since 2000. Duke has had more success winning three titles since 2000. Seems like UNC with 3 or Nova, Uconn, and Florida with 2 each would have as much claim to play in this as uk, MSU and KU. 

Maybe setting it up for last seasons champs to always be a part of it would make it better or using teams that have won it in the past ten seasons or so would help. My guess is they count on the fans for these four traveling.

Well it's those premier programs honestly....they bring fans/views etc. You could easily schedule a replay of the final 4 to kick off the season if that is what you wanted to put on. I don't mind this format....I just think Indiana should be working to get themselves involved in such an event too and get rid of the crossroads. Been begging for IU/OSU/UL/UK at the minimum as a replacement.

2 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Yes.  It needs a new name...how about ESPN Classic.

11 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

The previous years final 4 would be nice

• Like 1