'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

6 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

It’s funny….because it’s true!

Didn’t they use tax dollars to create an Ark Museum to promote that dinosaurs & humans coexisted?

You obviously don't have a clue how tax abatements work.  The taxes "spent" on that project were rebated sales taxes generated after the project was up and running.

If you're going to come here laugh at and insult a worldview and religion you disagree with, at least stick to the facts.  In my opinion, this crap has no more business in a sports forum than partisan politics.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

You obviously don't have a clue how tax abatements work.  The taxes "spent" on that project were rebated sales taxes generated after the project was up and running.

If you're going to come here laugh at and insult a worldview and religion you disagree with, at least stick to the facts.  In my opinion, this crap has no more business in a sports forum than partisan politics.

Ask him about a TIF and watch his head explode 😂

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Always laugh at anyone who believes the earth is less than 10,000 years old 

12 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Rude?

sorry 

didn’t mean to offend 

not having a semantics argument over tax abatements 

It's not semantics.   If you understood tax abatements you'd know that.  You implied that Kentucky took tax receipts from general revenues to fund a private construction project.  It took all of 10 ten minutes of Googling to determine that this was not even close to what happened...yet you're the smart one.

In the interest of getting back on the subject of this thread, your team sucked this week.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

That means you would have seen Blake Wesley’s dad play. Polombizio was on that team as well.

No, that would have been the following year.  I was talking the 83-84 season.  For whatever reason we(my hs team) didn't receive tickets for the 84-85 season.  Mark King was on both squads.  He was a Whitko grad.

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Cornell University has shut down campus, including athletics, due to an Omicron outbreak on campus.

Basketball season could be chaotic this winter.

According to Cornell's online COVID-19 dashboard, 469 students tested positive for the virus as of Tuesday, and the university had an overall positivity rate of 3.01 percent of the week of Dec.6. 

In a letter to the student body, university president Martha Pollack said due to the closures, all end of the semester final exams will be moved online and all campus activities and athletics are canceled. The school libraries are closed as well.

"While I want to provide reassurance that, to date, we have not seen severe illness in any of our infected students, we do have a role to play in reducing the spread of the disease in the broader community," Pollack wrote in her letter. "The fact that we have not experienced severe illness among our student population may lead some to ask why we are imposing such serious steps."

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, BDB said:

There seems to be some smoke starting over the Nebraska basketball program.  May be the end of the Mayor’s run in Lincoln?

Possibly recruiting violations, some speculation that assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih leave of absence isn't actually health related. 

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

Found this tidbit this morning per CBS:

• It took Purdue 380 weeks in the AP poll to finally get to No. 1. Here are the five programs with the most poll appearances without getting to the top: Maryland (433), Utah (239), Minnesota (236), LSU (216), Vanderbilt (204). All have been No. 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

• It took Purdue 380 weeks in the AP poll to finally get to No. 1. Here are the five programs with the most poll appearances without getting to the top: Maryland (433), Utah (239), Minnesota (236), LSU (216), Vanderbilt (204). All have been No. 2.

I am kind of surprised Maryland is on there, they have had some pretty good success through the years so i figured they would have hit #1 at least once.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Neil Armstrong spent more days in space than Purdue did at #1😳🥳

• Haha 6