'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Martin out at South Carolina. Let the carousel begin.

From ESPN writer Jeff Borzello:

“Martin spent the last two seasons on the hot seat, surviving last spring and even receiving a two-year contract extension. And despite South Carolina finishing 18-13 overall and 9-9 in the SEC this season, the school opted to move on from Martin after a decade in Columbia. The Gamecocks made just one NCAA tournament during Martin's 10 seasons in charge, but that trip to the tournament in 2017 resulted in the school's first-ever Final Four appearance.”

Link

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do  you think Jordan gets another year at Butler? Could you see him at Ball State? Do you think that Crean would entertain or be considered for Butler or Ball State? Probably burnt too many bridges with high school coaches. 

Neither school would go down that road. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Maybe he wants to be an analyst.

Thanks for sharing -- that was a really interesting listen.  I had always kind of assumed that Archie was bitter toward Indiana after being fired since we haven't heard a peep from him since then, but I didn't get that at all.  He picked IU to beat Wyoming, St. Mary's and UCLA.  Was really complimentary of X, you could tell he had watched some of our games this year.  Talked about possibly going to watch the games in Portland.  I thought it was telling too that he said he'd have no problem sitting on the Indiana side but the families sit there so they might not like it.  Overall a good listen and it was nice to hear him say some good things about IU and not be bitter (like big bro and everyone's favorite goon Goodman)  Sean said we won't get past Wyoming.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did not think do. I could see maybe a DePaul or out west for Crean after a year off

Maybe out west not nearly as many people will care if he goes tanning. Good god that was a weird complaint by our fans. 

"Yeah we are #1 in the country, but our coach claps, tans, and paces too much"

😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

Thanks for sharing -- that was a really interesting listen.  I had always kind of assumed that Archie was bitter toward Indiana after being fired since we haven't heard a peep from him since then, but I didn't get that at all.  He picked IU to beat Wyoming, St. Mary's and UCLA.  Was really complimentary of X, you could tell he had watched some of our games this year.  Talked about possibly going to watch the games in Portland.  I thought it was telling too that he said he'd have no problem sitting on the Indiana side but the families sit there so they might not like it.  Overall a good listen and it was nice to hear him say some good things about IU and not be bitter (like big bro and everyone's favorite goon Goodman)  Sean said we won't get past Wyoming.  

I had to laugh at Sean when Archie said Wyoming will be playing in front of 15,000 IU fans, Sean said they'd be booing IU as soon as they fell behind 2-0. Sean was extremely dismissive of IU but he does have a western bias and the B1G doesn't have a great track record of tourney success.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I had to laugh at Sean when Archie said Wyoming will be playing in front of 15,000 IU fans, Sean said they'd be booing IU as soon as they fell behind 2-0. Sean was extremely dismissive of IU but he does have a western bias and the B1G doesn't have a great track record of tourney success.

Well he didn't come up with that, without having some basis. On a few occasions, we have created that feeling for others. I'm not saying he is right, but it's not unfounded.

Besides, it'd be more like 3 points.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Really cool listen with Archie there. He almost seems like he’s pulling for Indiana….and maybe he is. Let’s not forget, he recruited and a lot of these players. 

I was thinking the same thing -- these are still his kids in a way and he wants them to do well.

Forgot to point out too while picking IU to get to the sweet sixteen he isn't even sure Purdue will get there.  lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lurker said:

I actually understand Sean on that one.

If your brother got booed you’d probably be a little defensive too. I would actually expect Archie to have a more rationale view of the entire situation that Sean, who is probably just going to immediately jump to the emotional defense of his brother. 

49 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I actually understand Sean on that one.

If your brother got booed you’d probably be a little defensive too. I would actually expect Archie to have a more rationale view of the entire situation that Sean, who is probably just going to immediately jump to the emotional defense of his brother. 

Yeah, I get it. Big brother looking out for Archie.   Tough to be objective.  Archie gave a really solid analysis, and seems to genuinely be an interested fan of the program. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IU247 said:

good lord. 

NCAA IS corrupt as shit 

The NCAA knew for at least 3 weeks that Colorado State was going to leave from Denver during Spring Break. They knew they were in the tourney for many weeks and failed to get them that flight. Whatever excuses the NCAA has for this delay are complete BS. I pull for all BIG TEN teams to win in the tournament but I will not be pulling for Michigan. I hope Colorado State murders beats them by 50. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier

3 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

The NCAA knew for at least 3 weeks that Colorado State was going to leave from Denver during Spring Break. They knew they were in the tourney for many weeks and failed to get them that flight. Whatever excuses the NCAA has for this delay are complete BS. I pull for all BIG TEN teams to win in the tournament but I will not be pulling for Michigan. I hope Colorado State murders beats them by 50. 

Probably worth noting that CSU left Ft. Collins at ~9:30 AM today. The main issue was the delay in telling them, not that they're actually getting to Indy late.

Getting flights for the tournament has been a mess for the NCAA. Apparently, there is a pilot shortage that is greatly impacting things. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:21 PM, Billingsley99 said:

I did not think do. I could see maybe a DePaul or out west for Crean after a year off

Crean needs to go the tv analyst route.  Stop coaching.  You're 55 and capable of making a nice living watching other coaches and teams.  You've got lots of "coachspeak bs" and inside crapola.  Make use of it...because in the end...you're an average coach.

• Like 1