'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

• 5 months later...

Sooooo ….being a colts iU butler pacers and reds fan I’ve had a rough couple years ….us returning our entire team plus having two freshman that appear to be the real deal AND Stetson beating Florida State with Luke brown going for 27 and the announcers falling in love with him is probably the best sports night I’ve had in five years 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Sooooo ….being a colts iU butler pacers and reds fan I’ve had a rough couple years ….us returning our entire team plus having two freshman that appear to be the real deal AND Stetson beating Florida State with Luke brown going for 27 and the announcers falling in love with him is probably the best sports night I’ve had in five years 

Ah, there ya are

2 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Great to see Luke have a coming out party tonight, but I’m not surprised. He was an after thought at BSU, but its obvious he has the green light at Stetson to do what he does best….score. He went 7-11 from three against a good ACC team, and we were 4-11 as a team against an inferior Ohio Valley team. Time will tell how good he will be, but I wouldn’t bet against him. All I can say is I’m glad he didn’t go to another B10 team (like Wisconsin), so he could torment us.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Great to see Luke have a coming out party tonight, but I’m not surprised. He was an after thought at BSU, but its obvious he has the green light at Stetson to do what he does best….score. He went 7-11 from three against a good ACC team, and we were 4-11 as a team against an inferior Ohio Valley team. Time will tell how good he will be, but I wouldn’t bet against him. All I can say is I’m glad he didn’t go to another B10 team (like Wisconsin), so he could torment us.

Couldn’t agree more he would have been a solid upperclassmen contributor at a big ten school …the shooting was good but what makes someone his size capable of playing at any level are the passes like at 230 in first half and the inbounds pass that  goes back court about 35 seconds left in first half …if you have access to the game check those out !  Stetson was fun to watch and it looks like iu is gonna be even more athletic this year so should be lots of fun basketball !

11 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Couldn’t agree more he would have been a solid upperclassmen contributor at a big ten school …the shooting was good but what makes someone his size capable of playing at any level are the passes like at 230 in first half and the inbounds pass that  goes back court about 35 seconds left in first half …if you have access to the game check those out !  Stetson was fun to watch and it looks like iu is gonna be even more athletic this year so should be lots of fun basketball !

I saw the passes and the times he drove to basket, but what really makes him special is his ability to score from anywhere on the court. A couple of the threes were from 5ft behind the line. He has a very quick release, which allows him to get his shot off against bigger more athletic players. Anyway, wish him the best and will keep an eye on Stetson. They could be one of this year’s sleeper teams.

And, oh by the way, how about our Hoosiers? The combination of our upperclassmen and this freshman class is very impressive….it should be a great year in Hoosierland!

6 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I saw the passes and the times he drove to basket, but what really makes him special is his ability to score from anywhere on the court. A couple of the threes were from 5ft behind the line. He has a very quick release, which allows him to get his shot off against bigger more athletic players. Anyway, wish him the best and will keep an eye on Stetson. They could be one of this year’s sleeper teams.

And, oh by the way, how about our Hoosiers? The combination of our upperclassmen and this freshman class is very impressive….it should be a great year in Hoosierland!

Couldn’t agree more …bringing back every important player with two freshman who look as big ten ready as any we’ve had the last decade ….we are deep and skilled I just wish we had ONE 50/40/90 type shooter 

12 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Couldn’t agree more …bringing back every important player with two freshman who look as big ten ready as any we’ve had the last decade ….we are deep and skilled I just wish we had ONE 50/40/90 type shooter 

I, too, wish we had a historically great shooter. 

• Like 1

• rico changed the title to '22-'23 College Hoops Across the Nation
41 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He looks really good. Doesn’t look like a freshman at all. That lob/oop to Edey was awesome. 

As a Westfield alum ('66) I hope the kid has great success, except for a couple of times a year. This looks to me like Painter's kind of team. Possibly better than last years. That's about all of the good things I can say about Purdue without losing my dinner.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, cthomas said:

As a Westfield alum ('66) I hope the kid has great success, except for a couple of times a year. This looks to me like Painter's kind of team. Possibly better than last years. That's about all of the good things I can say about Purdue without losing my dinner.

Fair enough! I live in Westfield now so it’s cool to see a Shamrock on Purdue’s roster. This team just seems really unselfish which is great to see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

That would be nice, but it appears we have everything else.

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I, too, wish we had a historically great shooter. 

I agree it looks like the least prone to weakness our team has been since the  watford Cody victor Jordan yogi and will group ….we are deep athletic and well rounded