'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it was at Ohio St in early 90's. When the clock wouldn't stop after made shot...Bailey ran the clock out standing out of bounds for final 4+ seconds. Thought to myself how smart he was in that moment to do that. 

Was that not a common thing back then? You could realistically burn 8-10 seconds after a made bucket if the clock doesn't stop if you take your time getting the ball, then throw it high and long just before the 5 second count. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Was that not a common thing back then? You could realistically burn 8-10 seconds after a made bucket if the clock doesn't stop if you take your time getting the ball, then throw it high and long just before the 5 second count. 

If memory serves not common at all because I just remember Bailey being the only one who did it....probably the reason for the rule change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it was at Ohio St in early 90's. When the clock wouldn't stop after made shot...Bailey ran the clock out standing out of bounds for final 4+ seconds. Thought to myself how smart he was in that moment to do that. 

I thought that was in the NCAAT and then the rule change was implemented that summer in response.

Edit: He probably did that multiple times. The one I'm remembering didn't have him holding the ball out of bounds as the game ended. Instead, he was slow to pick up the ball then slowly walked out of bounds.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

I thought that was in the NCAAT and then the rule change was implemented that summer in response.

Could have been. For some reason I thought it was when us and Ohio St were top 5 teams and we won over there. Definitely could be wrong though. That was about 19k Coors Lights ago. 

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know I’m over the top with him but just as a relevant point to the bellarmine heady play I saw one iVe not seen before and still am not sure even as a previously licensed official how it worked but the look it got out of Leonard Hamilton is priceless …if you didn’t see the sequence at halftime of the Stetson fsu game check this out I recorded it because I still couldn’t figure out how it wasn’t a back court …the Leonard Hamilton look is at the beginning the replay is at the end 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I know I’m over the top with him but just as a relevant point to the bellarmine heady play I saw one iVe not seen before and still am not sure even as a previously licensed official how it worked but the look it got out of Leonard Hamilton is priceless …if you didn’t see the sequence at halftime of the Stetson fsu game check this out I recorded it because I still couldn’t figure out how it wasn’t a back court …the Leonard Hamilton look is at the beginning the replay is at the end 

IMG_5391.MOV 60.31 MB · 0 downloads  

I'm headed out the door for major leaves day...will have to check it out when I get back!

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Could have been. For some reason I thought it was when us and Ohio St were top 5 teams and we won over there. Definitely could be wrong though. That was about 19k Coors Lights ago. 

I've been trying to find it but no luck. I remember loving that play at the time so I want to see it again. Such a smart move.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

If Stetson had possession in the front court and it wasn't tapped back by andFSU player, that should have been an over and back. As I understand the rule, an offensive player can't be the first to touch it, it isn't about possession.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If Stetson had possession in the front court and it wasn't tapped back by andFSU player, that should have been an over and back. As I understand the rule, an offensive player can't be the first to touch it, it isn't about possession.

That was my exact take hence the confusion ….did he exploit a rule I don’t know or did the refs just get lulled to sleep 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Correct, if the ball was last touched by Stetson (I assume it was based on the context of that clip) then it was a blown call. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If memory serves not common at all because I just remember Bailey being the only one who did it....probably the reason for the rule change. 

That's honestly surprising. Intuitively to me, I would just not even pick up the ball until the referee picked it up and gave it to me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm pretty sure you are correct.  I remember it the same.

Edited by Zuckerkorn
  • Like 1

Toledo wins the battle of mid major titans vs UAB in the Barstool Invitational in Philadelphia. I know they return 4 starters from a 26 win team and had some success in the portal but I was wondering if anyone from southern Indiana knows if Kooper Jacobi (Silver Creek) is injured or just buried on the bench.