'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's like the opposite of a 1 and 1 though. 

1 and 1 rewards teams for essentially intentional fouls. 3 to make 2 rewards teams that can’t shoot free throws! I imagine just about every coach out there is just saying make your free throws! 
I like the Shaqualicious commercial that says, if the rim was that big you would have made more free throws!😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He caught up pretty quick in the comments. There have been players over the years I despise at Purdue....but most of my angst has always been with their fans. Of course they are probably saying the same.

Would love that February game to be a top 5 matchup but time will tell. Maybe it's me but Purdue lately has had a history of starting out strong and fading as they year goes on. 

47 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

1 and 1 rewards teams for essentially intentional fouls. 3 to make 2 rewards teams that can’t shoot free throws! I imagine just about every coach out there is just saying make your free throws! 
I like the Shaqualicious commercial that says, if the rim was that big you would have made more free throws!😂

Maybe there should be a rule that says a player can be awarded only so many free throws?? Wouldn’t that change things?$!!

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He caught up pretty quick in the comments. There have been players over the years I despise at Purdue....but most of my angst has always been with their fans. Of course they are probably saying the same.

Would love that February game to be a top 5 matchup but time will tell. Maybe it's me but Purdue lately has had a history of starting out strong and fading as they year goes on. 

I grew up in the Region, so I've got a lot of experience when it comes to Purdue and its fans (even though it's really like a 50/50 split up there, despite the common perception).

It seems to me that over the past ten years or so things have gotten much worse. It almost seems like Purdue fandom has adopted hating IU as a primary focus over even supporting their own teams sometimes. 

IU fan base has warts as well, but there's far more unhealthy hatred coming out of West Lafayette in my opinion.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

My boss in Georgia, an Auburn alum used to tell the story of a Yankee employee he had. He asked on his exit interview what he learned during his time. The answer was in the south SEC football is religion, NASCAR is religion and you can say anything you like about someone, as long as you end it with “Bless their heart”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Brian Cardinal. 20 going on 35. Couldn't stand that dude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I almost always agree with everything you say but respectfully differ on this one ….I LOVE the 1 and 1 ….adds a lot of strategy to closing a game 

I can understand why you like it! I should have said.. my preference is the way the girls game does the fouls, but I get it!

• Like 1