'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You had 3 shots to make 2, so if you hit your first 2 then you didn't get the 3rd but if you missed one you get another shot

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

They also had a 2 to make 1 if you made a basket and were fouled in the act of shooting... 

These rules intrigue me...imagine how much cleaner the defense would be in college if these rules were in place.

Bonus...if fouls were called in this scenario, Wisconsin would go back to being a perennial doormat...

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

One thing about the 3 to make 2…it creates a harsher penalty on fouls.  It creates less of a chance of using fouls to help you.  After all, a foul is supposed to be bad.   OTOH, making foul shots is part of the game and you have to earn the benefit.   Looking at it both ways, I like the current rules.  

I would prefer 6 fouls for an individual player. 

• Like 2

So the $1 million dollar question is...

The 3 point line was implemented in the NBA  in 1979, and the 2 to make 1 and the 3 to make 2 was still in effect until 1981. Why didn't they have a 4 to make 3 on a foul on a 3 point shot during those 2 years? 

Hmmm? 🙂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Where is everyone?
Anyway, I would die a happy man if just once a team figured things out well enough that they forced Boehiem to come out of the zone!!!

Funny thing is he didn't always play all zone. For the most part he played man and played man for most of the 87 championship game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lunardi dropped us a seed in his latest bracket.  Would we even be allowed to play Penn State in the 2nd round?

image.png.eed9bdac7faa4c35d0bb6997e74a5040.png

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2023-march-madness-men-field-predictions

I think you can play a conference opponent that early if there is more than 8 teams on the tournament 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lunardi dropped us a seed in his latest bracket.  Would we even be allowed to play Penn State in the 2nd round?

image.png.eed9bdac7faa4c35d0bb6997e74a5040.png

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2023-march-madness-men-field-predictions

We could play OSU in the sweet 16

He also had Purdue and UM possibly playing in the second round

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So the $1 million dollar question is...

The 3 point line was implemented in the NBA  in 1979, and the 2 to make 1 and the 3 to make 2 was still in effect until 1981. Why didn't they have a 4 to make 3 on a foul on a 3 point shot during those 2 years? 

Hmmm? 🙂

I was told there would be no math involved... 😁

• Haha 1