'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

19 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Anybody else in here a fan of mid major basketball? I enjoy it a lot. Currently watching UMass and Murray State.

I was just tracking the box score to see how Matt Cross was doing (he has 9p and 6r). Thought Murray might be decent when they beat #24 A&M but then Colorado spanked them too.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 8:22 PM, FKIM01 said:

Picking up right where he left off.  Wasn't Rob a good shooter in high school?

Phinisee is off to a rough start, offensively at least. And I am not ripping him per se, but he's just not a starting guard on a top tier team. I will always root for him. Seemed like a good guy. image.thumb.png.20c5474ae5eae9ab1a98de802a7cad96.png

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Phinisee is off to a rough start, offensively at least. And I am not ripping him per se, but he's just not a starting guard on a top tier team. I will always root for him. Seemed like a good guy. image.thumb.png.20c5474ae5eae9ab1a98de802a7cad96.png

If I didn’t know any better I’d assume this was a typo. How does s player with his experience average 22 minutes per game and have just one made basket with zero FT attempts? I’ve never seen a stat line like this in my life.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Even though the NBA game is much more standing around watching others play 1on1 than college ever will be, that is still unbelievable…dude couldn’t even luck into a rebound?

For some reason it just stood out in memory to me haha. I saw a few more stat lines like this while looking for the image. Crazy…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

If I didn’t know any better I’d assume this was a typo. How does s player with his experience average 22 minutes per game and have just one made basket with zero FT attempts? I’ve never seen a stat line like this in my life.  

Especially against 4 cupcakes.  He scored over 2,000 points in HS and averaged 29 points his senior year.  That concussion and/or Archie must have really messed him up. I think he would have been better off going to an established program like Iowa, Virginia or Purdue, instead of the disfunctional mess that IU was at the time.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Edit opps.  I assumed this was Miller Kopps stat line 🤣 

I guess this is our problem  from the 3 spot.  You know what you are going to get from Kopp.  Basically solid d.  Mistake free.  Defense has to guard him from deep.  We know Bates and Jordan are erratic, careless or just bad at handling the ball in general, maybe can hit shots.   Trey can at least handle the ball.  There will  be games where Miller hit 3-4 threes a game.  None of the other 3 provide that threat, so it is what it is.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Even though the NBA game is much more standing around watching others play 1on1 than college ever will be, that is still unbelievable…dude couldn’t even luck into a rebound?

Spoken like a guy who hasn’t watched an NBA game in 15 years.

Lets not pretend one of the most famous college offenses of all time wasn’t the Four Corners offense….