'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Because I hate myself, I checked out a stream of Rhode Island/Kansas State for a few minutes.  That's about all I could take. KState won 77-57.  Rhody shot 32.7% from the field and 2-12 from 3. They were also 19-31 on FT's.  In the spirit of the season, I am very thankful for CMW. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Because I hate myself, I checked out a stream of Rhode Island/Kansas State for a few minutes.  That's about all I could take. KState won 77-57.  Rhody shot 32.7% from the field and 2-12 from 3. They were also 19-31 on FT's.  In the spirit of the season, I am very thankful for CMW. 

Fading Archie has been a profitable bet this year so far…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

I saw Rhode Island finished 5-12 in conference play last year. Assuming the roster Archie inherited is garbage at best?

• Like 1

Arizona is going to be an interesting matchup.  They are very big and numerous international players.  Beat UC Bearcats 101-93 with 6-11" 245lb Azuolas Tubelis and 7-0" 260lb Oumar Ballo both having double doubles.  Only watched about the first ten minutes and it appeared Arizona can play fast or slow it down and pound it inside.  Tommy Lloyd was an assistant at Gonzaga with Few for 20 years... so he's learned a lot...like go find players outside the US.

21 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Arizona is going to be an interesting matchup.  They are very big and numerous international players.  Beat UC Bearcats 101-93 with 6-11" 245lb Azuolas Tubelis and 7-0" 260lb Oumar Ballo both having double doubles.  Only watched about the first ten minutes and it appeared Arizona can play fast or slow it down and pound it inside.  Tommy Lloyd was an assistant at Gonzaga with Few for 20 years... so he's learned a lot...like go find players outside the US.

Do they play defense?  Someone said yesterday that Cincinnati is not any good this year.  Kenpom has their o at 4 and d at 56.  

35 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Do they play defense?  Someone said yesterday that Cincinnati is not any good this year.  Kenpom has their o at 4 and d at 56.  

I saw Lundardi's brackets a week or so back.  He had the Bearcats in his "Next Four Out."  fwiw

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

Seems about right. Don't worry, he'll recruit some instate guards/wings that he can't develop though. The PACK LINE!! 

Edited by btownqb

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

From what I saw, it's questionable.  The game seemed pretty fast paced, up and down, helter skelter to me.  My sense was they like to push the up tempo.

Edited by jv1972iu

3 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Are any of his former players dominating without him?

Tell you what.  if Painter ever decides he does, in fact, want the Missouri job, You guys can bring Archie back to the state to redeem himself.  Please, please, please I hope that comes true.   

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Tell you what.  if Painter ever decides he does, in fact, want the Missouri job, You guys can bring Archie back to the state to redeem himself.  Please, please, please I hope that comes true.   

MP is 1000% a Purdue guy 

I think he has everything going in the right direction 

I wonder if Archie came in like CMW with NIL & 5 year starters 

I also look at players who never produced or got better….ever 

these are players MP recruited too 

maybe Sean should have hooked Archie up with some shoe 💰