'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

6 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

This isn’t a great ZAGS team 

not sure Xavier isn’t better 

They just whipped Kentucky all over the court. They might not be Gonzaga of 2020-21 but they are a top 10 team. Purdue has some great team chemistry and look really nice. One issue with Purdue is that they traditionally peak early in the season and other teams with more athleticism and talent overtake them towards the end of the season as they learn how to bring all that talent to play together. That said this is a really young Purdue team and no where near their ceiling. This could be a special year for them. Eddy is a very unique challenge for a lot of teams…going to make a difficult matchup for many.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

They just whipped Kentucky all over the court. They might not be Gonzaga of 2020-21 but they are a top 10 team. Purdue has some great team chemistry and look really nice. One issue with Purdue is that they traditionally peak early in the season and other teams with more athleticism and talent overtake them towards the end of the season as they learn how to bring all that talent to play together. That said this is a really young Purdue team and no where near their ceiling. This could be a special year for them. Eddy is a very unique challenge for a lot of teams…going to make a difficult matchup for many.

Ehh we gotta long way to go until they're a top 10 team. 

Thought Purdue was excellent, there wasn't much from Gonzaga that said "top 10", imo. 

• Like 2

Who says Kentucky is good at this point in time?  

• Like 2

Not a big fan of “peaked too soon”

have been saying for years that Keady had C- talent for 25 years that played hard every game….. Michigan or Illinois would play hard in March 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Not a big fan of “peaked too soon”

have been saying for years that Keady had C- talent for 25 years that played hard every game….. Michigan or Illinois would play hard in March 

I'd say if I was a Purdue fan..  it was for sure a Gonzaga slanted crowd. Not a true road game, but I'm tickled to death right now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

You are a great poster and we’ve had great convos over the years.  But, man, you have a tendency to overly fawn over Purdue and be nit picky, hyper critical of IU.   If I didn’t know better, I’d think you are a Purdue fan in disguise.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-iowa-state-joins-top-25-and-1-after-upset-of-unc-sends-tar-heels-plummeting/

I guess Gary Parish isn't a fan of ours since he has us at #17. Has UT #1 and Arizona #3 and PU at #7

Rankings are just some guys opinion….just like an owners manual 

I don’t think UNC or KU are better than you guys 

Winning a true road game at Xavier is something most teams haven’t done this year 

• Like 3

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I can’t remember if this was the thread we recently discussed letting the clock run on a moving clock, but Ethan Morton did this last night in the first half and I think it’s genius:

Haha!! First good catch, 2nd I love stuff like this. 

Theres a lot of minute examples of this stuff throughout a game. Impressive by Morton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Haha!! First good catch, 2nd I love stuff like this. 

Theres a lot of minute examples of this stuff throughout a game. Impressive by Morton.

100%, I love it too. Purdue, annoyingly, seems to always have at least one guy who is just a really high basketball IQ guy that does stuff like this. I think they've got two right now with Smith.

• Like 3

I watched a post game with Morton last year….the level of detail he went into describing different ways he was supposed to defend ball screens & pick n roll was impressive 

guessing CMW has the same defensive requirements of his players 

most fans think nba players don’t play defense….😳

coach’s were screaming at him to wait 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You are a great poster and we’ve had great convos over the years.  But, man, you have a tendency to overly fawn over Purdue and be nit picky, hyper critical of IU.   If I didn’t know better, I’d think you are a Purdue fan in disguise.  

Bob! You been ok buddy ?  Bil is all iu i think he’s just realistic ….hatred for Purdue can ruin objectivity ….most everyone on this board was down on braedon smith for example ( he’s no good he’s only starting because they have no chive etc) and I have no doubt it’s because of Purdue hatred ….I’m able to hate them and evaluate them objectively and i think that’s what he’s doing …….I’ll admit they are chalked full of indiana kids and so while I don’t like I still appreciate those kids skills and efforts 

• Like 1